Mercury's on Speed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-05, 11:01 PM
Big Al
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mercury's on Speed

Anyone catch the program about Mercury's on Speed tonight? Great old race
footage. Even showed the 400 HP MEL engine. According to them only two 427
8V Comets were made.

Al # 35




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-05, 12:01 AM
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mercury's on Speed

A bit of it, I saw a segment about Marauders past. What lovely beasts, I
have always had a soft spot for them. Or was that TiVo replaying
something???

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

"Big Al" <nospamsal1@qwest.net> wrote in message
news:eqjGe.62$nN3.12873@news.uswest.net...
> Anyone catch the program about Mercury's on Speed tonight? Great old race
> footage. Even showed the 400 HP MEL engine. According to them only two 427
> 8V Comets were made.
>
> Al # 35
>



 
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-05, 12:01 AM
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mercury's on Speed

Dammit.. not gonna miss this fastball

"Big Al" <nospamsal1@qwest.net> wrote in message
news:eqjGe.62$nN3.12873@news.uswest.net...
> Anyone catch the program about Mercury's on Speed tonight?


What? I thought Mercury was in retrograde? I'm totally ****ed!

I have never caught a Mercury while on speed. But once I followed my
impatient brother in his Grand Marquis when stoned. "Chill the **** out,
man.. shit, I mean we'll GET there, damn... 'pssshhew... whoooooo' (koff)...
where's my s.... ****in what SONG is this anyway?"

Mercury's on speed? At this rate, it'll crash into the sun for sure! We're
all doomed!

Freddy did many drugs, and it's all old news. So are his buck teeth.

That's all I got fer now; it's late.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65


 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-05, 04:01 AM
David M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mercury's on Speed

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:17:04 +0000, Wound Up rearranged some electrons to
form:

> Dammit.. not gonna miss this fastball
>
> "Big Al" <nospamsal1@qwest.net> wrote in message
> news:eqjGe.62$nN3.12873@news.uswest.net...
>> Anyone catch the program about Mercury's on Speed tonight?

>
> What? I thought Mercury was in retrograde? I'm totally ****ed!
>
> I have never caught a Mercury while on speed. But once I followed my
> impatient brother in his Grand Marquis when stoned. "Chill the **** out,
> man.. shit, I mean we'll GET there, damn... 'pssshhew... whoooooo' (koff)...
> where's my s.... ****in what SONG is this anyway?"
>
> Mercury's on speed? At this rate, it'll crash into the sun for sure! We're
> all doomed!
>
> Freddy did many drugs, and it's all old news. So are his buck teeth.
>
> That's all I got fer now; it's late.


Did you forget your meds again?

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 7:31 1 user

 
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-05, 02:01 PM
Big Al
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mercury's on Speed

If you did see it the guy driving the 64, 425hp Marauder should learn how to
shift.

Al # 35


 
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-05, 07:01 AM
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mercury's on Speed

Didn't see the show. At a local car show last year there was a red '64
Marauder with 427 and 4 spd. Nice!

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

"Wound Up" <none@your.disposal.ask.me> wrote in message
news:LBjGe.2169$gt5.783@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>A bit of it, I saw a segment about Marauders past. What lovely beasts, I
>have always had a soft spot for them. Or was that TiVo replaying
>something???
>
> --
> Wound Up
> ThunderSnake #65
>
> "Big Al" <nospamsal1@qwest.net> wrote in message
> news:eqjGe.62$nN3.12873@news.uswest.net...
>> Anyone catch the program about Mercury's on Speed tonight? Great old race
>> footage. Even showed the 400 HP MEL engine. According to them only two
>> 427 8V Comets were made.
>>
>> Al # 35
>>

>
>



 
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-05, 02:01 PM
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mercury's on Speed

"David M" <NOSPAM@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.07.29.10.16.34.453408@sled351...
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:17:04 +0000, Wound Up rearranged some electrons to
> form:
>
>> Dammit.. not gonna miss this fastball
>>
>> "Big Al" <nospamsal1@qwest.net> wrote in message
>> news:eqjGe.62$nN3.12873@news.uswest.net...
>>> Anyone catch the program about Mercury's on Speed tonight?

>>
>> What? I thought Mercury was in retrograde? I'm totally ****ed!
>>
>> I have never caught a Mercury while on speed. But once I followed my
>> impatient brother in his Grand Marquis when stoned. "Chill the **** out,
>> man.. shit, I mean we'll GET there, damn... 'pssshhew... whoooooo'
>> (koff)...
>> where's my s.... ****in what SONG is this anyway?"
>>
>> Mercury's on speed? At this rate, it'll crash into the sun for sure!
>> We're
>> all doomed!
>>
>> Freddy did many drugs, and it's all old news. So are his buck teeth.
>>
>> That's all I got fer now; it's late.

>
> Did you forget your meds again?


No, that was just ordinary insanity, and I get silly when I'm very tired.

>
> --
> David M (dmacchiarolo)
> http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
> T/S 53
> sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 7:31 1 user
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome