OT: gas bill - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
David M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
OT: gas bill

Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.

Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
to smile about, I guess.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 6 days 15:20

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2006, 20:01   #2 (permalink)
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gas bill

Until I see my electric bill in the summer. Goes from out $80 to around
$250. They double the price of a kilowatt hour duing the summer months,
Dicks!

--
>>Jason

TS 47

"David M" <NOSPAM@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.01.10.02.10.37.953398@sled351...
> Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
> should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>
> Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
> to smile about, I guess.
>
> --
> David M (dmacchiarolo)
> http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
> T/S 53
> sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 6 days 15:20
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 21:01   #3 (permalink)
geewhiz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: gas bill

Yeah, for those of us in sunny San Diego, electric bills higher than
just about anywhere else in the nation, due to the idiocy of our
legislature allowing "fair" competition, then Enron giving us the shaft
a couple of years ago.

We feel your pain!

Gerard

>
> Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
> should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>
> Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
> to smile about, I guess.
>
> --
> David M (dmacchiarolo)
> http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
> T/S 53
> sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 6 days 15:20



--
Gerard's Automobile Book, Video, and DVD Store
http://www.bob2000.com/booksvids.html
--------------------------------------------------
Personal Home Page
http://www.bob2000.com/4277.htm
--------------------------------------------------
To send email, visit my website and follow the links
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: gas bill

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 02:10:38 GMT, David M <NOSPAM@nospam.com> wrote:

>Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
>should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>
>Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
>to smile about, I guess.

The gas company was kind enough to send me a warning about an increase
in my bill of up to 40%.... and it arrived the same time as the
bill... good thing I opened it first. 31 days... $92. Twice what it
normally cost me and I'm using less. Electric is lumped in with the
rest of the city utils, and that bill only went up about $4. to $108.
Not bad for a 3 bedroom home with vaulted ceilings, etc. But come
summer, the California heat will drive the air bill sky high. My
neighbor was funny though. His gas bill was over $300 and he couldn't
figure why it jumped. He has a gas fireplace and he's been firing it
up every evening....
--

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 22:01   #5 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gas bill

Just use level billing / budget billing. Midwestern weather is extreme
enough to make all but two weeks in spring and fall overly expensive. I
sit in 60-65 degrees in winter, and as hot as I can stand in summer and
it's still stoopit.

KB can tell you about our extremes. It was 71 yesterday, and the slop
and cold is arriving soon. One day, I think New Year's 96 or 97, the
temp. changed 67 degrees, and the barometer rose 1.3-1.4" Hg. I left my
car windows cracked an inch each, only to find the whole thing frosted
over and frozen the next morning. WTF? Louie almost froze to death!

Jason wrote:
> Until I see my electric bill in the summer. Goes from out $80 to around
> $250. They double the price of a kilowatt hour duing the summer months,
> Dicks!
>
> --
>
>>>Jason

>>

> TS 47
>
> "David M" <NOSPAM@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:pan.2006.01.10.02.10.37.953398@sled351...
>
>>Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
>>should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>>
>>Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
>>to smile about, I guess.
>>
>>--
>>David M (dmacchiarolo)
>>http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
>>T/S 53
>>sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 6 days 15:20
>>

>
>
>



--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694
AHPBBFM links repository: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 23:01   #6 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gas bill

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:21:43 GMT, Wound Up <none@your.disposal> wrote:

>Just use level billing / budget billing. Midwestern weather is extreme
>enough to make all but two weeks in spring and fall overly expensive. I
>sit in 60-65 degrees in winter, and as hot as I can stand in summer and
>it's still stoopit.


I used Even Billing in Indiana and it sure helped keep my budget in a
reasonable range. We hit one cold snap that hit minus 78 (wind chill)
and an ice storm at the same time that closed down the highways. The
next week it was back up in the 40s and 50s. Maine, on the other hand,
held Spring on a Tuesday, Summer the following Wednesday, and the day
after that was Fall.... all the rest was winter... so we would pretend
we were snowbirds and go south to Canada where it was warm... LOL :0)
>
>KB can tell you about our extremes. It was 71 yesterday, and the slop
>and cold is arriving soon. One day, I think New Year's 96 or 97, the
>temp. changed 67 degrees, and the barometer rose 1.3-1.4" Hg. I left my
>car windows cracked an inch each, only to find the whole thing frosted
>over and frozen the next morning. WTF? Louie almost froze to death!
>
>Jason wrote:
>> Until I see my electric bill in the summer. Goes from out $80 to around
>> $250. They double the price of a kilowatt hour duing the summer months,
>> Dicks!
>>
>> --
>>
>>>>Jason
>>>

>> TS 47
>>
>> "David M" <NOSPAM@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:pan.2006.01.10.02.10.37.953398@sled351...
>>
>>>Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
>>>should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>>>
>>>Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
>>>to smile about, I guess.
>>>
>>>--
>>>David M (dmacchiarolo)
>>>http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
>>>T/S 53
>>>sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 6 days 15:20
>>>

>>
>>
>>

--

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 18:01   #7 (permalink)
David M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gas bill

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:21:43 +0000, Wound Up rearranged some electrons to
form:

> Just use level billing / budget billing.


I would, but... I just don't like giving the gas company an
interest-free loan during the summer.


--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 7 days 13:39

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 18:01   #8 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gas bill

David M wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:21:43 +0000, Wound Up rearranged some electrons to
> form:
>
>
>>Just use level billing / budget billing.

>
>
> I would, but... I just don't like giving the gas company an
> interest-free loan during the summer.
>


I agree 100% on principle, because exactly that's what it is. But I am
willing to forego the tiny bit of interest income I'd actually get
(these past few years, especially) so I don't get gigged come January
after I spent too much over the holidays....



--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694
AHPBBFM links repository: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 16:01   #9 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: gas bill

David M wrote:
> Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
> should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>
> Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
> to smile about, I guess.
>


Lessee...

Nov. $230, Dec. $151.

November was 3.5 degrees above average (46.7), and December was -0.9
from average (31.1). Shrug. I guess it had more to do with prices.

So glad I got R-38 instead of R-30 in the attic when we moved in...

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM pages: http://tinyurl.com/9yulk



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 20:01   #10 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: gas bill

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:45:16 GMT, Wound Up <none@your.disposal> wrote:

>David M wrote:
>> Just got my gas bill for December... $306 (about twice what it
>> should be). Natural gas rates are up about 60% since August.
>>
>> Those of you basking in the desert sun have something
>> to smile about, I guess.
>>

>
>Lessee...
>
>Nov. $230, Dec. $151.
>
>November was 3.5 degrees above average (46.7), and December was -0.9
>from average (31.1). Shrug. I guess it had more to do with prices.
>
>So glad I got R-38 instead of R-30 in the attic when we moved in...

I figure it's time to find an old shut down missile silo where the
temps are fairly stable year round at about 65 degrees IIRC, so not
much extra to make it comfortable.
--

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:52.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.