OT: Idiot ricer neighbors - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2005, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
OT: Idiot ricer neighbors

Our nice little street is marred by one house - of course, the one
directly across the street. Everyone else works, has families, has
lives, or are retired. But these people are trash. Punk ricer dropout
teenagers with babies. They keep the house nice on the outside, because
they'd get fined or sued very quickly if they didn't. I think they run
an illegal day care. They know everyone hates them. But they do rev
their fart cans and pump their stupid bass all the time. Go to North
County and like in Pimp Shitville where you belong.

They park in front of my house, both spots of my little parcel, all the
time, with their driveway AND the spots in front of their house empty.
They actually begrudge me my own ****ing 4-spot driveway; I've heard
them talk about it. "Jus park over there, THEY got the big driveway,
shit he ain't gotta park out there". Yes, I'm paranoid, but it has its
plusses. Today, when two 18-year-old mommies left, I again quickly
parked the Tempo dead square in front of my house, leaving my own
driveway vacant. Sure enough, not three minutes later (I do think they
coordinate this), the shithead boyfriend / babby daddies return, and I
sit here with them in my peripheral view. I see them point and gesture
contemptuously, and hear "asshole!" SLAM goes the door.

I am just sick to death of this shit. If they can't figure out why it's
just as easy to park in front of their house as it is mine (parallel
streets in this part of subdivision) then I can't help them. They
cannot reserve the two spots in front of my house "just in case". It
looks like shit, and I don't want their ****ing beater Grand Ams in
front of my house. If a piece of shit car is going to be in front of my
house all the time, it's going to be MY piece of shit.

Even if I wanted to tempt fate, I can't do anything to the cars, because
the ones in question tote babies around. I think one asshole actually
backed into my Tempo when I did this (left it there for two weeks) a
couple years ago, but like all trash, they know how to be dicks and not
get caught. I've also found like 20 heavy Matchbox cars all in my grass
(gee, that would feel good), and mysterious dog shit on my porch. Part
of me wants to give in, but part of me hates their guts and everything
they embody. Part of me wishes I were a cop for the times I've seen and
smelled them smoking weed - ON THEIR PORCH. Blaze up inside, idiot.
Part of me wants to pour "TRASH" on their lawn in bleach. But at least
one of them is probably up all night on meth, on point. This is
Missouri, after all.

Suggestions? Ideas? Creative, anonymous ways to **** with them? If I
just call the cops non-stop, it will be the Hatfields and the McCoys
over here. We leave on weekends about once/month. I also enjoy
anonymity from cops, it is a smallish town. But I have to send a
message, somehow. They've attempted to damage my person and my property
(and may actually have) but nothing overt, not yet. I want a good way
to say "hey, idiots, ****in don't". I wasn't raised to be a vindictive
piece of ignorant welfare trash. I've never had to deal with this crap
before; this is my first house, and I want to protect it. I'm sure some
of you have had this problem ... ?

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2005, 21:01   #2 (permalink)
Mike Torello D.E.A.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Idiot ricer neighbors

CIA-Book-of-Dirty-Tricks1.pdf

serach for this or if you want I'll mail you ;) (354kb)

--
www.GARAGE-inc.tk
v i r t u a l t u n i n g

"They say people don't believe in heroes any more...
Well damn them!!!... You and me, Max.
We gonna give'm back their heroes!"


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 21:01   #3 (permalink)
Mike Torello D.E.A.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Idiot ricer neighbors

EXAMPLE #1 ;)....

Neighborhoods

Be the first in your mark's neighborhood to become a blockbuster. It's
time to fuss up the mark's neighbors again. Find a real estate agency that
deals mostly with blacks or Chicanos. Posing as the mark, call the agency
and invite a salesperson out to talk about the sale of the mark's neighbor's
house. Don't hoke up your role with a lot of brotherhood stuff -- play it
straight. Now, if the mark is a good, solid white citizen living in a
neighborhood of same-minded bigots, you have a wonderful deal going for
you. The kicker is, you give the salesman the mark's name and the
neighbor's address. Obviously, you must pick the most rednecked, bigoted
neighbor to be the fall guy for the black or Chicano salesperson. By the
time
the "mistake" gets straightened out who's going to believe the mark? Not
only have you alienated his neighbor, but you have taken a big chunk out of
his credibility and popularity. Black is beautiful, especially when it's the
color of the mark's reputation among his peers.
This stunt works -- a person I know used it. He's a professional ball
player who went into a furniture store with his wife to buy
living-room-andden
suite of furniture. The clerk was bigoted and exceptionally nasty. My
friend calmly asked to see the manager, who turned out to be worse than the
clerk. The black customer suddenly flashed his wallet full of green money,
and both white guys blanched. No further words were exchanged as the
married couple left the store. Two days later my friend called a black real
estate agency. You just read about what happened next.

--
www.GARAGE-inc.tk
v i r t u a l t u n i n g

"They say people don't believe in heroes any more...
Well damn them!!!... You and me, Max.
We gonna give'm back their heroes!"


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Idiot ricer neighbors

Mike Torello D.E.A. wrote:
> CIA-Book-of-Dirty-Tricks1.pdf
>
> serach for this or if you want I'll mail you ;) (354kb)
>


There's some good stuff in here... thanks for the suggestion.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Idiot ricer neighbors

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:29:37 GMT, Wound Up <none@your.disposal.ask.me>
wrote:

>Our nice little street is marred by one house - of course, the one
>directly across the street. Everyone else works, has families, has
>lives, or are retired. But these people are trash. Punk ricer dropout
>teenagers with babies. They keep the house nice on the outside, because
>they'd get fined or sued very quickly if they didn't. I think they run
>an illegal day care. They know everyone hates them. But they do rev
>their fart cans and pump their stupid bass all the time. Go to North
>County and like in Pimp Shitville where you belong.


We just got rid of one group, and another moved in to a house even
closer.
>
>They park in front of my house, both spots of my little parcel, all the
>time, with their driveway AND the spots in front of their house empty.
>They actually begrudge me my own ****ing 4-spot driveway; I've heard
>them talk about it. "Jus park over there, THEY got the big driveway,
>shit he ain't gotta park out there". Yes, I'm paranoid, but it has its
>plusses. Today, when two 18-year-old mommies left, I again quickly
>parked the Tempo dead square in front of my house, leaving my own
>driveway vacant. Sure enough, not three minutes later (I do think they
>coordinate this), the shithead boyfriend / babby daddies return, and I
>sit here with them in my peripheral view. I see them point and gesture
>contemptuously, and hear "asshole!" SLAM goes the door.

It's the booming bass at midnight as the race down the primary street
behind me, and then sit out in front of their place. Only been in less
than a week and already I can see trouble.
>
>I am just sick to death of this shit. If they can't figure out why it's
>just as easy to park in front of their house as it is mine (parallel
>streets in this part of subdivision) then I can't help them. They
>cannot reserve the two spots in front of my house "just in case". It
>looks like shit, and I don't want their ****ing beater Grand Ams in
>front of my house. If a piece of shit car is going to be in front of my
>house all the time, it's going to be MY piece of shit.
>
>Even if I wanted to tempt fate, I can't do anything to the cars, because
>the ones in question tote babies around.

They can't tote in what won't move. Know what a spud in an exhaust
pipe does? Back pressure..... and no permanent damage.
> I think one asshole actually
>backed into my Tempo when I did this (left it there for two weeks) a
>couple years ago, but like all trash, they know how to be dicks and not
>get caught. I've also found like 20 heavy Matchbox cars all in my grass
>(gee, that would feel good), and mysterious dog shit on my porch. Part
>of me wants to give in, but part of me hates their guts and everything
>they embody. Part of me wishes I were a cop for the times I've seen and
>smelled them smoking weed - ON THEIR PORCH. Blaze up inside, idiot.
>Part of me wants to pour "TRASH" on their lawn in bleach. But at least
>one of them is probably up all night on meth, on point. This is
>Missouri, after all.

Do you have a TIPS line for you local cops, where you can be
anonymous?
How about a nice call or letter to Child Welfare?
>
>Suggestions? Ideas? Creative, anonymous ways to **** with them? If I
>just call the cops non-stop, it will be the Hatfields and the McCoys
>over here. We leave on weekends about once/month. I also enjoy
>anonymity from cops, it is a smallish town. But I have to send a
>message, somehow. They've attempted to damage my person and my property
>(and may actually have) but nothing overt, not yet. I want a good way
>to say "hey, idiots, ****in don't". I wasn't raised to be a vindictive
>piece of ignorant welfare trash. I've never had to deal with this crap
>before; this is my first house, and I want to protect it. I'm sure some
>of you have had this problem ... ?


We had a problem with some people walking their dogs and letting them
come up in our yards and leave their land mines. The Oldster down the
street put a nice wooden sign in the flowerbed by the street that
says, "Here lies the last dog that pooped on my lawn".

In one case, I approached the individual and politely informed her
that she had entered my property without permission, and the law says
that's trespassing. I told her if I saw her again around my yard, she
better expect to be contacted by my attorney.

In another case, one of the old timers actually contacted an attorney
and the attorney sent the people a formal letter citing the
law/ordinances which he had been informed they had been violating, and
both the civil fines, and what they were subject to if the complaining
parties (note it was in the plural) should file a nuisance suit. He
never said action was going to be taken. It got their attention and
shortly thereafter, they moved.

As for going away once a month, I can only suggest you enlist the help
of good neighbors. I generally do this for my good neighbors. Even
take care of their pets, put out the trash barrels, etc. And most give
me the keys to the place to be able to get in and check.

Another neighbor, who has since passed away, would run outside with
her video camera at the least sign of a problem. Even bad people tend
to act nice when they know they will be on film. Does not work for
drunks in many cases, but sometimes even with them.

My Dad just founded a Neighborhood Watch program out in the country
where he lives (after his gun collection was ripped off). They have
been collecting old computers which they have set up to monitor
traffic on the country roads and approaches to their homes, etc. They
get a recording of cars with license numbers which can be provided to
the cops. Some kind of camera setup using the hard drive as the
recorder. In some cases it's set to so many frames per minute, and in
others it's set with an electric eye trip. This also works inside to
monitor anyone who has entered the house. Guess they already caught
one group of juveniles. Of course they broke in to the general store,
and then returned an hour or so later and ripped the place off again.
But their mugs were caught... They're getting the computers dirt cheap
or free. I don't know about the cameras. They may just be web cams.

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 13:01   #6 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Idiot ricer neighbors

Spike wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:29:37 GMT, Wound Up <none@your.disposal.ask.me>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Our nice little street is marred by one house - of course, the one
>>directly across the street. Everyone else works, has families, has
>>lives, or are retired. But these people are trash. Punk ricer dropout
>>teenagers with babies. They keep the house nice on the outside, because
>>they'd get fined or sued very quickly if they didn't. I think they run
>>an illegal day care. They know everyone hates them. But they do rev
>>their fart cans and pump their stupid bass all the time. Go to North
>>County and like in Pimp Shitville where you belong.

>
>
> We just got rid of one group, and another moved in to a house even
> closer.
>


What great news

>>They park in front of my house, both spots of my little parcel, all the
>>time, with their driveway AND the spots in front of their house empty.
>>They actually begrudge me my own ****ing 4-spot driveway; I've heard
>>them talk about it. "Jus park over there, THEY got the big driveway,
>>shit he ain't gotta park out there". Yes, I'm paranoid, but it has its
>>plusses. Today, when two 18-year-old mommies left, I again quickly
>>parked the Tempo dead square in front of my house, leaving my own
>>driveway vacant. Sure enough, not three minutes later (I do think they
>>coordinate this), the shithead boyfriend / babby daddies return, and I
>>sit here with them in my peripheral view. I see them point and gesture
>>contemptuously, and hear "asshole!" SLAM goes the door.

>
> It's the booming bass at midnight as the race down the primary street
> behind me, and then sit out in front of their place. Only been in less
> than a week and already I can see trouble.
>


Yep. Sounds exactly the same. A couple of us have gotten out of bed
and stormed outside with phones in our hands, walking over and dialing
or feigning it while looking at all their plate numbers. "It's all
good..." I wonder why drugs in the car underage and drunk

>>I am just sick to death of this shit. If they can't figure out why it's
>>just as easy to park in front of their house as it is mine (parallel
>>streets in this part of subdivision) then I can't help them. They
>>cannot reserve the two spots in front of my house "just in case". It
>>looks like shit, and I don't want their ****ing beater Grand Ams in
>>front of my house. If a piece of shit car is going to be in front of my
>>house all the time, it's going to be MY piece of shit.
>>
>>Even if I wanted to tempt fate, I can't do anything to the cars, because
>>the ones in question tote babies around.

>
> They can't tote in what won't move. Know what a spud in an exhaust
> pipe does? Back pressure..... and no permanent damage.
>


I have considered those things, but the immediate escalation I know
would ensue wouldn't be worth it. I -do- have other shit to do, they
apparently don't. I would find all sorts of surprises, I'm sure.

>>I think one asshole actually
>>backed into my Tempo when I did this (left it there for two weeks) a
>>couple years ago, but like all trash, they know how to be dicks and not
>>get caught. I've also found like 20 heavy Matchbox cars all in my grass
>>(gee, that would feel good), and mysterious dog shit on my porch. Part
>>of me wants to give in, but part of me hates their guts and everything
>>they embody. Part of me wishes I were a cop for the times I've seen and
>>smelled them smoking weed - ON THEIR PORCH. Blaze up inside, idiot.
>>Part of me wants to pour "TRASH" on their lawn in bleach. But at least
>>one of them is probably up all night on meth, on point. This is
>>Missouri, after all.

>
> Do you have a TIPS line for you local cops, where you can be
> anonymous?


I actually haven't looked. I haven't considered the cops at all. Don't
get me wrong Spike, I don't have a problem with Joe or Jane Cop, I just
don't want their attention (or to waste their time, and piss them all
off) unless it's absolutely necessary.

> How about a nice call or letter to Child Welfare?
>


Not a bad idea, either. Lots of cars seem to just sort of come in and
out, leaving after a couple minutes. I wonder whyever that could be?
Some of them pick up children. But, some of them don't. That
combination, if exposed, would prove disastrous to all of them.

The last house we lived next to like that, I called the "crack
drive-thru", because the cars would come one after another, and they
would literally circle through our duplex's yard, causing tire tracks in
the lawn. We had a cheap apt. in college. And I did call the cops
again and again in that case. They were crawling all over. Some
nights, I actually slept on the couch with my riot shotgun within arm's
reach. I saw them looking in my windows and at my car. They ended up
arrested, with all their crap in a big pile on the front lawn for the
other parasites to pick over. This isn't like that, but still just as
obvious. That was scary. Crackheads generally are.

>>Suggestions? Ideas? Creative, anonymous ways to **** with them? If I
>>just call the cops non-stop, it will be the Hatfields and the McCoys
>>over here. We leave on weekends about once/month. I also enjoy
>>anonymity from cops, it is a smallish town. But I have to send a
>>message, somehow. They've attempted to damage my person and my property
>>(and may actually have) but nothing overt, not yet. I want a good way
>>to say "hey, idiots, ****in don't". I wasn't raised to be a vindictive
>>piece of ignorant welfare trash. I've never had to deal with this crap
>>before; this is my first house, and I want to protect it. I'm sure some
>>of you have had this problem ... ?

>
>
> We had a problem with some people walking their dogs and letting them
> come up in our yards and leave their land mines. The Oldster down the
> street put a nice wooden sign in the flowerbed by the street that
> says, "Here lies the last dog that pooped on my lawn".
>


Heh good one

> In one case, I approached the individual and politely informed her
> that she had entered my property without permission, and the law says
> that's trespassing. I told her if I saw her again around my yard, she
> better expect to be contacted by my attorney.
>
> In another case, one of the old timers actually contacted an attorney
> and the attorney sent the people a formal letter citing the
> law/ordinances which he had been informed they had been violating, and
> both the civil fines, and what they were subject to if the complaining
> parties (note it was in the plural) should file a nuisance suit. He
> never said action was going to be taken. It got their attention and
> shortly thereafter, they moved.
>


I will be forced to do that if it goes to much further. I now know that
the owner is on papers, and has been in trouble even so... and one more
thing, and he's in some real shit. They still sell out of his house.
So that's a major deterrent - when he's around. When he's not, the kids
go nuts. I've even tried to make nice with these people. The owner is
ok but the kids are shit heads. The owner is still an idiot for being
on papers and doing/selling drugs.

> As for going away once a month, I can only suggest you enlist the help
> of good neighbors. I generally do this for my good neighbors. Even
> take care of their pets, put out the trash barrels, etc. And most give
> me the keys to the place to be able to get in and check.
>


Thankfully, I do have that. We are good friends with the next door
neighbors, and on a friendly basis with the older woman on the other
side. Our friends dislike them, too, and have similar problems. The
guy next door is very mellow, but as I once saw, he doesn't fear
confrontations with idiots. The drunken fool who yelled at him and
staggered up swinging on his lawn found out that actual hand-to-hand
combat experience doesn't just fade away. Jeff just made him drop to
the ground and throw up, then barked at him about the dead spot he was
now going to have on his lawn, telling him to get up and go home. It
was a bit unnerving to see that side of him, mostly because all that
happened outwardly was that his eyes got wider. I'm glad he and I look
out for each other's places.


> Another neighbor, who has since passed away, would run outside with
> her video camera at the least sign of a problem. Even bad people tend
> to act nice when they know they will be on film. Does not work for
> drunks in many cases, but sometimes even with them.
>
> My Dad just founded a Neighborhood Watch program out in the country
> where he lives (after his gun collection was ripped off).


Sorry to hear that. That's irreplaceable stuff.

They have
> been collecting old computers which they have set up to monitor
> traffic on the country roads and approaches to their homes, etc. They
> get a recording of cars with license numbers which can be provided to
> the cops. Some kind of camera setup using the hard drive as the
> recorder. In some cases it's set to so many frames per minute, and in
> others it's set with an electric eye trip. This also works inside to
> monitor anyone who has entered the house. Guess they already caught
> one group of juveniles. Of course they broke in to the general store,
> and then returned an hour or so later and ripped the place off again.
> But their mugs were caught... They're getting the computers dirt cheap
> or free. I don't know about the cameras. They may just be web cams.


I have considered installing motion-detecting web cams and getting a
break on my insurance. But the cost and maintenance of that system (I
would need a wireless LAN, and basically a small file server) makes me
think it wouldn't be worth it. I have considered the dummy approach
with the cameras, but they'd probably just test it out for giggles

Thanks for the suggestions Spike

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 19:01   #7 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: OT: Idiot ricer neighbors

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:43:35 GMT, Wound Up <none@your.disposal.ask.me>
wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:29:37 GMT, Wound Up <none@your.disposal.ask.me>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Our nice little street is marred by one house - of course, the one
>>>directly across the street. Everyone else works, has families, has
>>>lives, or are retired. But these people are trash. Punk ricer dropout
>>>teenagers with babies. They keep the house nice on the outside, because
>>>they'd get fined or sued very quickly if they didn't. I think they run
>>>an illegal day care. They know everyone hates them. But they do rev
>>>their fart cans and pump their stupid bass all the time. Go to North
>>>County and like in Pimp Shitville where you belong.

>>
>>
>> We just got rid of one group, and another moved in to a house even
>> closer.
>>

>
>What great news


It's an old concept, but sometimes it's better to deal with something
you know, that whatever might replace it.
>


>>>Even if I wanted to tempt fate, I can't do anything to the cars, because
>>>the ones in question tote babies around.

>>
>> They can't tote in what won't move. Know what a spud in an exhaust
>> pipe does? Back pressure..... and no permanent damage.
>>

>
>I have considered those things, but the immediate escalation I know
>would ensue wouldn't be worth it. I -do- have other shit to do, they
>apparently don't. I would find all sorts of surprises, I'm sure.
>


>> Do you have a TIPS line for you local cops, where you can be
>> anonymous?

>
>I actually haven't looked. I haven't considered the cops at all. Don't
>get me wrong Spike, I don't have a problem with Joe or Jane Cop, I just
>don't want their attention (or to waste their time, and piss them all
>off) unless it's absolutely necessary.


You are not apt to get their attention just for seeking assistance,
and that's what cops are for... And we'd rather head off trouble
early, than deal with the aftermath if it escalates beyond basic
neighbor disputes. Althoughhhhhhhh, there a LOT less paperwork
involved for us if it goes over the top.... : 0 )

I still recall an incident where my boss made an observation. One of
my guys mother had just died, and an idiot called him an SOB. He went
bonkers on the guy. The guy filed charges and the boss had no choice
but to take action. In an aside, he commented that the next time,
"make sure you take him down a dark alley, and hit him in the head
with a brick so you know he can't come back and talk." Yeah. I know.
It's not exactly "To Serve and Protect" the public.... : 0 )
>
>> How about a nice call or letter to Child Welfare?
>>

>
>Not a bad idea, either. Lots of cars seem to just sort of come in and
>out, leaving after a couple minutes. I wonder whyever that could be?
>Some of them pick up children. But, some of them don't. That
>combination, if exposed, would prove disastrous to all of them.


Also, in many localities, it's illegal to run a business out of your
home (like child care) without a permit, and without your neighbors
being notified and given an opportunity to voice objections before a
permit is issued. For example, one stipulation is that vehicle traffic
must not linger for "long" periods... like doing auto repair. If these
people are running a Day Care without a permit, and get caught, a
couple of things could happen. They could be fined and shut down, and
the loss of income could be enough to force them out.
>
>The last house we lived next to like that, I called the "crack
>drive-thru", because the cars would come one after another, and they
>would literally circle through our duplex's yard, causing tire tracks in
>the lawn. We had a cheap apt. in college. And I did call the cops
>again and again in that case. They were crawling all over. Some
>nights, I actually slept on the couch with my riot shotgun within arm's
>reach. I saw them looking in my windows and at my car. They ended up
>arrested, with all their crap in a big pile on the front lawn for the
>other parasites to pick over. This isn't like that, but still just as
>obvious. That was scary. Crackheads generally are.


Yep. Had one a couple of doors down. Really nice couple, but he
started dealing meth to help meet the mortgage payments. He started
using, which got him in deeper and deeper. And he got paranoid as
hell. That bothered his wife, and she left him. One morning the cops
swooped in to arrest him. He put a gun in his mouth and saved the tax
payers the court costs.
>
>> We had a problem with some people walking their dogs and letting them
>> come up in our yards and leave their land mines. The Oldster down the
>> street put a nice wooden sign in the flowerbed by the street that
>> says, "Here lies the last dog that pooped on my lawn".
>>

>
>Heh good one
>


>
>
>> Another neighbor, who has since passed away, would run outside with
>> her video camera at the least sign of a problem. Even bad people tend
>> to act nice when they know they will be on film. Does not work for
>> drunks in many cases, but sometimes even with them.
>>
>> My Dad just founded a Neighborhood Watch program out in the country
>> where he lives (after his gun collection was ripped off).

>
>Sorry to hear that. That's irreplaceable stuff.

Yeah. Some were handed down from his grandfather, to his father who
added more, to him, and he was waiting for me to purchase a gun safe
before transferring them to me.
>
>They have
>> been collecting old computers which they have set up to monitor
>> traffic on the country roads and approaches to their homes, etc. They
>> get a recording of cars with license numbers which can be provided to
>> the cops. Some kind of camera setup using the hard drive as the
>> recorder. In some cases it's set to so many frames per minute, and in
>> others it's set with an electric eye trip. This also works inside to
>> monitor anyone who has entered the house. Guess they already caught
>> one group of juveniles. Of course they broke in to the general store,
>> and then returned an hour or so later and ripped the place off again.
>> But their mugs were caught... They're getting the computers dirt cheap
>> or free. I don't know about the cameras. They may just be web cams.

>
>I have considered installing motion-detecting web cams and getting a
>break on my insurance. But the cost and maintenance of that system (I
>would need a wireless LAN, and basically a small file server) makes me
>think it wouldn't be worth it. I have considered the dummy approach
>with the cameras, but they'd probably just test it out for giggles


Would you believe how many stores have fakes camera just to save the
owners a dime? And even in stores where any idiot should know there
are cameras, dimwits still go in and shoplift or rob the places
without masks. Besides, there are so many ways to conceal a camera
now, not to mention how cheap they have gotten.
>
>Thanks for the suggestions Spike

Best of luck... Keep your head down....
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:01   #8 (permalink)
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Idiot ricer neighbors

"Wound Up" <none@your.disposal.ask.me> wrote in message
news:43472F0F.4090506@your.disposal.ask.me...
> Our nice little street is marred by one house - of course, the one
> directly across the street. Everyone else works, has families, has lives,
> or are retired. But these people are trash. Punk ricer dropout teenagers
> with babies. They keep the house nice on the outside, because they'd get
> fined or sued very quickly if they didn't. I think they run an illegal
> day care. They know everyone hates them. But they do rev their fart cans
> and pump their stupid bass all the time. Go to North County and like in
> Pimp Shitville where you belong.
>
> They park in front of my house, both spots of my little parcel, all the
> time, with their driveway AND the spots in front of their house empty.
> They actually begrudge me my own ****ing 4-spot driveway; I've heard them
> talk about it. "Jus park over there, THEY got the big driveway, shit he
> ain't gotta park out there". Yes, I'm paranoid, but it has its plusses.
> Today, when two 18-year-old mommies left, I again quickly parked the Tempo
> dead square in front of my house, leaving my own driveway vacant. Sure
> enough, not three minutes later (I do think they coordinate this), the
> shithead boyfriend / babby daddies return, and I sit here with them in my
> peripheral view. I see them point and gesture contemptuously, and hear
> "asshole!" SLAM goes the door.
>
> I am just sick to death of this shit. If they can't figure out why it's
> just as easy to park in front of their house as it is mine (parallel
> streets in this part of subdivision) then I can't help them. They cannot
> reserve the two spots in front of my house "just in case". It looks like
> shit, and I don't want their ****ing beater Grand Ams in front of my
> house. If a piece of shit car is going to be in front of my house all the
> time, it's going to be MY piece of shit.
>
> Even if I wanted to tempt fate, I can't do anything to the cars, because
> the ones in question tote babies around. I think one asshole actually
> backed into my Tempo when I did this (left it there for two weeks) a
> couple years ago, but like all trash, they know how to be dicks and not
> get caught. I've also found like 20 heavy Matchbox cars all in my grass
> (gee, that would feel good), and mysterious dog shit on my porch. Part of
> me wants to give in, but part of me hates their guts and everything they
> embody. Part of me wishes I were a cop for the times I've seen and
> smelled them smoking weed - ON THEIR PORCH. Blaze up inside, idiot. Part
> of me wants to pour "TRASH" on their lawn in bleach. But at least one of
> them is probably up all night on meth, on point. This is Missouri, after
> all.
>
> Suggestions? Ideas? Creative, anonymous ways to **** with them? If I
> just call the cops non-stop, it will be the Hatfields and the McCoys over
> here. We leave on weekends about once/month. I also enjoy anonymity from
> cops, it is a smallish town. But I have to send a message, somehow.
> They've attempted to damage my person and my property (and may actually
> have) but nothing overt, not yet. I want a good way to say "hey, idiots,
> ****in don't". I wasn't raised to be a vindictive piece of ignorant
> welfare trash. I've never had to deal with this crap before; this is my
> first house, and I want to protect it. I'm sure some of you have had this
> problem ... ?
>


Thoroughly review your city's laws. Our city has one, "No parked cars on
the streets from like 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.".

--
John
'69 Mach 1 390 Toploader Acapulco Blue
ThunderSnake #59



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:01   #9 (permalink)
Kevin Bottorff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Idiot ricer neighbors

Wound Up <none@your.disposal.ask.me> wrote in news:43474525.7070805
@your.disposal.ask.me:

> Mike Torello D.E.A. wrote:
>> CIA-Book-of-Dirty-Tricks1.pdf
>>
>> serach for this or if you want I'll mail you ;) (354kb)
>>

>
> There's some good stuff in here... thanks for the suggestion.
>


If all else fails, I happen to know a guy in Iowa that is close enough
to maby get his old black limo running and get some friends to ride along
and have a little road trip to some where and have a chat with them. :)
We did it for a lady getting stalked once. It did work! KB

--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup
and one in the shed for a fun project to yet be decided on
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:01   #10 (permalink)
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Idiot ricer neighbors

"Kevin Bottorff" <kevySPAM@netins.net> wrote in message
news:Xns96E87E0EA9DB1kevynetinsnet@167.142.225.136...
> Wound Up <none@your.disposal.ask.me> wrote in news:43474525.7070805
> @your.disposal.ask.me:
>
>> Mike Torello D.E.A. wrote:
>>> CIA-Book-of-Dirty-Tricks1.pdf
>>>
>>> serach for this or if you want I'll mail you ;) (354kb)
>>>

>>
>> There's some good stuff in here... thanks for the suggestion.
>>

>
> If all else fails, I happen to know a guy in Iowa that is close enough
> to maby get his old black limo running and get some friends to ride along
> and have a little road trip to some where and have a chat with them. :)
> We did it for a lady getting stalked once. It did work! KB
>


Make them a deal they can't refuse?

--
John
'69 Mach 1 390 Toploader Acapulco Blue
ThunderSnake #59



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:06.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.