Reptilian bliss - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Reptilian bliss

Days like today make every scar, burn, bruise, piece of crap wedged in the
eye, and swearing fit I've ever had while wrenching on my car worth it to
the nth

The weather is perfect, the car gleams, the oldies coming out of the AM
radio add to the halcyon mood... the cam has an extra few hundred RPM in it,
I have more Torque, the exhaust note is more melodious, traffic parts before
me with no ricers anywhere, the birdies tweet, the cuties smile, and I just
slither around town in reptilian bliss

ahhh

And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )

--
UnWound
ThunderSnake #65


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-14-2005, 17:01   #2 (permalink)
Merc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss

> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )

No? Why not? :)

Merc
Pothead#16



"Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
news:juA7e.1119$JJ2.713@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
> Days like today make every scar, burn, bruise, piece of crap wedged in the
> eye, and swearing fit I've ever had while wrenching on my car worth it to
> the nth
>
> The weather is perfect, the car gleams, the oldies coming out of the AM
> radio add to the halcyon mood... the cam has an extra few hundred RPM in

it,
> I have more Torque, the exhaust note is more melodious, traffic parts

before
> me with no ricers anywhere, the birdies tweet, the cuties smile, and I

just
> slither around town in reptilian bliss
>
> ahhh
>
> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )
>
> --
> UnWound
> ThunderSnake #65
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 17:01   #3 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss

"Merc" <mach1muscle@hotmail.cam> wrote in message
news:RRC7e.47106$7Q4.4090@clgrps13...
>> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )

>
> No? Why not? :)
>
> Merc
> Pothead#16


Still in the job market. Not for long, though.

UnWound
SnakeWithNoGrass #65


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
Jfitch1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss


"Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
news:ugD7e.2312$VA3.125@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> "Merc" <mach1muscle@hotmail.cam> wrote in message
> news:RRC7e.47106$7Q4.4090@clgrps13...


The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.

> >> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )

> >
> > No? Why not? :)
> >
> > Merc
> > Pothead#16

>
> Still in the job market. Not for long, though.
>


More closest cases out there than usenet leads me to believe. I had to stop
for a job too, lasted about 18 hours, thank god for private businesses.
Liquor just doesn't fill the gap proper.

>>Jason


TS # 47

> UnWound
> SnakeWithNoGrass #65
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 21:01   #5 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss

"Jfitch1" <Jfitch1@cox.net> wrote in message
news:_p_7e.135$pk5.61@fed1read02...
>
> "Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
> news:ugD7e.2312$VA3.125@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>> "Merc" <mach1muscle@hotmail.cam> wrote in message
>> news:RRC7e.47106$7Q4.4090@clgrps13...

>
> The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.


This depends on where you're from. East Coast, Left Coast, etc. But I
accept them all.

Smokin a bone, roasting a spliff, whatever. All means fun time to me.

>> >> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )
>> >
>> > No? Why not? :)
>> >
>> > Merc
>> > Pothead#16

>>
>> Still in the job market. Not for long, though.
>>

>
> More closest cases out there than usenet leads me to believe. I had to
> stop
> for a job too, lasted about 18 hours, thank god for private businesses.
> Liquor just doesn't fill the gap proper.


Shit no, it doesn't. Half the world gets high. And damn the private sector
(and public) for ever thinking it was entitled to a vial of my urine,
without any evidence. How sickening!!

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:01   #6 (permalink)
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss


"Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
news:%f%7e.1896$zq4.1640@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
> "Jfitch1" <Jfitch1@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:_p_7e.135$pk5.61@fed1read02...
> >
> > "Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
> > news:ugD7e.2312$VA3.125@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> >> "Merc" <mach1muscle@hotmail.cam> wrote in message
> >> news:RRC7e.47106$7Q4.4090@clgrps13...

> >
> > The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.

>
> This depends on where you're from. East Coast, Left Coast, etc. But I
> accept them all.
>
> Smokin a bone,


In my edge of the world this has a whole other meaning and not something
your buddies coherced into sitting in a circle for.

roasting a spliff, whatever. All means fun time to me.
>
> >> >> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )
> >> >
> >> > No? Why not? :)
> >> >
> >> > Merc
> >> > Pothead#16
> >>
> >> Still in the job market. Not for long, though.
> >>

> >
> > More closest cases out there than usenet leads me to believe. I had to
> > stop
> > for a job too, lasted about 18 hours, thank god for private businesses.
> > Liquor just doesn't fill the gap proper.

>
> Shit no, it doesn't. Half the world gets high. And damn the private

sector
> (and public) for ever thinking it was entitled to a vial of my urine,
> without any evidence. How sickening!!



No doubt I'd much rather have the potato head running the forklift over the
drunk. Knew a breadtruck delivery guy who used to keep a cooler of beer
under the seat in this worktruck.

>>Jason

TS # 47

>
> --
> Wound Up
> ThunderSnake #65
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 15:03   #7 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss


"Jfitch1" <Jfitch1@cox.net> wrote
> The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.


So where did the term "splif" come from then??
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 17:01   #8 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss

"Jason" <Jason@NoOneHome.net> wrote in message
news:nJ28e.167$pk5.82@fed1read02...
>
> "Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
> news:%f%7e.1896$zq4.1640@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
>> "Jfitch1" <Jfitch1@cox.net> wrote in message
>> news:_p_7e.135$pk5.61@fed1read02...
>> >
>> > "Wound Up" <none@your.disposal> wrote in message
>> > news:ugD7e.2312$VA3.125@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>> >> "Merc" <mach1muscle@hotmail.cam> wrote in message
>> >> news:RRC7e.47106$7Q4.4090@clgrps13...
>> >
>> > The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.

>>
>> This depends on where you're from. East Coast, Left Coast, etc. But I
>> accept them all.
>>
>> Smokin a bone,

>
> In my edge of the world this has a whole other meaning and not something
> your buddies coherced into sitting in a circle for.


LOL... yeah, I can imagine getting a very unwelcome reception with that one

> roasting a spliff, whatever. All means fun time to me.
>>
>> >> >> And no, I didn't blaze a fatty while riding around, either = )
>> >> >
>> >> > No? Why not? :)
>> >> >
>> >> > Merc
>> >> > Pothead#16
>> >>
>> >> Still in the job market. Not for long, though.
>> >>
>> >
>> > More closest cases out there than usenet leads me to believe. I had to
>> > stop
>> > for a job too, lasted about 18 hours, thank god for private businesses.
>> > Liquor just doesn't fill the gap proper.

>>
>> Shit no, it doesn't. Half the world gets high. And damn the private

> sector
>> (and public) for ever thinking it was entitled to a vial of my urine,
>> without any evidence. How sickening!!

>
>
> No doubt I'd much rather have the potato head running the forklift over
> the
> drunk. Knew a breadtruck delivery guy who used to keep a cooler of beer
> under the seat in this worktruck.


I would too. They'll probably go more slowly, but won't drop shit on your
head. = )
I've known characters of both types. Those who equivocate the two as
equally dangerous are just...plain...wrong.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 17:01   #9 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss

In article <3uidnTwMwI2kFfzfRVn-gw@comcast.com>, 66 6F HCS
<92bottledance_spammit_@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Jfitch1" <Jfitch1@cox.net> wrote
> > The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.

>
> So where did the term "splif" come from then??


I doob elieve that spliff is a Jamaican term, mon.

--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 19:01   #10 (permalink)
Whole Lotta Tom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reptilian bliss

66 6F HCS wrote:
> "Jfitch1" <Jfitch1@cox.net> wrote
>> The proper nostalgic term would be puffing on a doobie I do believe.

>
> So where did the term "splif" come from then??


Blow a doob. Burn one. Wanna smoke a joint (showing a paucity of
creativity)? Light up. Spark up. These from the late 70's.

--
Tom
TS3
http://www.geocities.com/styleline58/

Visit the Cleveland Engine Forum
http://www.351cleveland.net


Statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting blame upon the nation that is
attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing
falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any
refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that
the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys
after this process of grotesque self-deception.- Mark Twain

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to do the bidding
of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are
being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." -
Hermann Goering

"We don't go out and hire journalists and propagandize and lie and put
people on payroll so that they'll say what you want."--Donald Rumsfeld,
12/24/2004


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.