What's my compression ratio? (head swap question) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 17:01   #1 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc heads
what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?

--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-14-2006, 09:01   #2 (permalink)
Stan Weiss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

More information is needed to answer this question.
ex 327 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4035 cr 58 cc 10.0882 CR
428 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4532 cr 58 cc 9.9742 CR
As you can see the smaller engine has a greater change. In each case the
total volume needed for that CR is found, then adjusted and the CR
recalculated.
I have a calculator on my web page that will do this for you.
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html#jcalc
Stan

66 6F HCS wrote:
>
> I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc heads
> what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?
>
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:01   #3 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

Ah, thanks for the link.

"Stan Weiss" <srweiss@erols.com> wrote in message
news:43C92064.5644D25C@erols.com...
> More information is needed to answer this question.
> ex 327 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4035 cr 58 cc 10.0882 CR
> 428 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4532 cr 58 cc 9.9742 CR
> As you can see the smaller engine has a greater change. In each case the
> total volume needed for that CR is found, then adjusted and the CR
> recalculated.
> I have a calculator on my web page that will do this for you.
> http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html#jcalc
> Stan
>
> 66 6F HCS wrote:
>>
>> I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc
>> heads
>> what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?
>>
>> --
>> Scott W.
>> '66 HCS Mustang 289
>> '68 Ranchero 500 302
>> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
>> ThunderSnake #57
>> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
Stan Weiss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

You are welcome. If you have any problem running your numbers let me
know and I will run them for you.
Stan

66 6F HCS wrote:
>
> Ah, thanks for the link.
>
> "Stan Weiss" <srweiss@erols.com> wrote in message
> news:43C92064.5644D25C@erols.com...
> > More information is needed to answer this question.
> > ex 327 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4035 cr 58 cc 10.0882 CR
> > 428 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4532 cr 58 cc 9.9742 CR
> > As you can see the smaller engine has a greater change. In each case the
> > total volume needed for that CR is found, then adjusted and the CR
> > recalculated.
> > I have a calculator on my web page that will do this for you.
> > http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html#jcalc
> > Stan
> >
> > 66 6F HCS wrote:
> >>
> >> I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc
> >> heads
> >> what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Scott W.
> >> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> >> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> >> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> >> ThunderSnake #57
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

Stan Weiss wrote:
> More information is needed to answer this question.
> ex 327 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4035 cr 58 cc 10.0882 CR
> 428 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4532 cr 58 cc 9.9742 CR
> As you can see the smaller engine has a greater change. In each case the
> total volume needed for that CR is found, then adjusted and the CR
> recalculated.
> I have a calculator on my web page that will do this for you.
> http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html#jcalc
> Stan


I saw your shop's page was on our page, but I'll add this link somewhere
else.

>
> 66 6F HCS wrote:
>
>>I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc heads
>>what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?
>>
>>--
>>Scott W.
>>'66 HCS Mustang 289
>>'68 Ranchero 500 302
>>'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
>>ThunderSnake #57
>>http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

>



--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM pages: http://tinyurl.com/9yulk



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
now OT: Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)


"Stan Weiss" <srweiss@erols.com> wrote in message
news:43C94A87.1F6C54E5@erols.com...
> You are welcome. If you have any problem running your numbers let me
> know and I will run them for you.
> Stan


I've got a .060" overbore with 12cc dish pistons. Everything else is stock.
I don't remember what my engine builder told me on how far down the hole the
pistons are, .04"? sound right? I don't remember. But I do know for a fact
that it worked out to 9.62:1 CR on a 62 cc combustion chamber. 4.060" bore,
3.85" stroke, stock 351 Windsor rod, 12cc dish 302 pistons.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
Stan Weiss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: now OT: Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

4.060 bore 3.85 stroke 398.24 ci
62 cc 9.62 cr
64 cc 9.44 cr
58 cc 10.00 cr
Stan

66 6F HCS wrote:
>
> "Stan Weiss" <srweiss@erols.com> wrote in message
> news:43C94A87.1F6C54E5@erols.com...
> > You are welcome. If you have any problem running your numbers let me
> > know and I will run them for you.
> > Stan

>
> I've got a .060" overbore with 12cc dish pistons. Everything else is stock.
> I don't remember what my engine builder told me on how far down the hole the
> pistons are, .04"? sound right? I don't remember. But I do know for a fact
> that it worked out to 9.62:1 CR on a 62 cc combustion chamber. 4.060" bore,
> 3.85" stroke, stock 351 Windsor rod, 12cc dish 302 pistons.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
Stan Weiss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

Thanks,
Stan

Wound Up wrote:
>
> Stan Weiss wrote:
> > More information is needed to answer this question.
> > ex 327 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4035 cr 58 cc 10.0882 CR
> > 428 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4532 cr 58 cc 9.9742 CR
> > As you can see the smaller engine has a greater change. In each case the
> > total volume needed for that CR is found, then adjusted and the CR
> > recalculated.
> > I have a calculator on my web page that will do this for you.
> > http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html#jcalc
> > Stan

>
> I saw your shop's page was on our page, but I'll add this link somewhere
> else.
>
> >
> > 66 6F HCS wrote:
> >
> >>I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc heads
> >>what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Scott W.
> >>'66 HCS Mustang 289
> >>'68 Ranchero 500 302
> >>'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> >>ThunderSnake #57
> >>http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

> >

>
> --
> Wound Up
> ThunderSnake #65
>
> AHPBBFM pages: http://tinyurl.com/9yulk

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 21:01   #9 (permalink)
Stan Weiss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's my compression ratio? (head swap question)

I have a page on may web site which lists Automotive newsgroups. If you
give me a one or two line description I will add it need to this group.
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/news.htm
Stan

Wound Up wrote:
>
> Stan Weiss wrote:
> > More information is needed to answer this question.
> > ex 327 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4035 cr 58 cc 10.0882 CR
> > 428 ci engine 62 cc 9.62 cr 64 cc 9.4532 cr 58 cc 9.9742 CR
> > As you can see the smaller engine has a greater change. In each case the
> > total volume needed for that CR is found, then adjusted and the CR
> > recalculated.
> > I have a calculator on my web page that will do this for you.
> > http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html#jcalc
> > Stan

>
> I saw your shop's page was on our page, but I'll add this link somewhere
> else.
>
> >
> > 66 6F HCS wrote:
> >
> >>I have 62cc heads currently and my CR is 9.62:1. If I switch to 64cc heads
> >>what would my CR be then? 58cc? What's the math?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Scott W.
> >>'66 HCS Mustang 289
> >>'68 Ranchero 500 302
> >>'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> >>ThunderSnake #57
> >>http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

> >

>
> --
> Wound Up
> ThunderSnake #65
>
> AHPBBFM pages: http://tinyurl.com/9yulk

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:32.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.