1989 F250 high beams - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 10:01   #1 (permalink)
Bunny Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
1989 F250 high beams

I went to get this truck inspected, and the guy asked me to turn on the
high beams. I couldn't for the life of me find the switch!!

Where is it on this model?

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2005, 11:01   #2 (permalink)
Steve Barker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

On the floor where they always were until the yuppieization of vehicles.

s


"Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1123170918.379990.17690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I went to get this truck inspected, and the guy asked me to turn on the
> high beams. I couldn't for the life of me find the switch!!
>
> Where is it on this model?
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:01   #3 (permalink)
CJB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

LOL

CJB

"Steve Barker" <railphotonut@not.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:5esIe.614$mb4.350@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> On the floor where they always were until the yuppieization of vehicles.
>
> s
>
>
> "Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1123170918.379990.17690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>I went to get this truck inspected, and the guy asked me to turn on the
>> high beams. I couldn't for the life of me find the switch!!
>>
>> Where is it on this model?
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
Bunny Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

Nope. Not there. I guess someone removed it!!

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
Steve Barker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

It probably rotted off. Does there seem to be a harness down there for it?
And if the low beams work, there must be a connection somewhere.....

s


"Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1123195905.549313.194320@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Nope. Not there. I guess someone removed it!!
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

Ummm. Let me guess.

The turn signal stalk, push it and pull it.

?????

Spdloader





"Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1123195905.549313.194320@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Nope. Not there. I guess someone removed it!!
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 18:01   #7 (permalink)
GeoffP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams


"Steve Barker" <railphotonut@not.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:YexIe.663$mb4.24@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> It probably rotted off. Does there seem to be a harness down there for
> it? And if the low beams work, there must be a connection somewhere.....
>
> s
>
>
> "Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1123195905.549313.194320@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Nope. Not there. I guess someone removed it!!
>>

>
>-

My '87 is on the floor waaaay up,
Geoff.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:01   #8 (permalink)
scrape
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

On 4 Aug 2005 15:51:45 -0700, "Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Nope. Not there. I guess someone removed it!!


Look behind the parking brake pedal.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:01   #9 (permalink)
lugnut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

On 4 Aug 2005 08:55:18 -0700, "Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I went to get this truck inspected, and the guy asked me to turn on the
>high beams. I couldn't for the life of me find the switch!!
>
>Where is it on this model?



Shouild pull the turn signal stalk toward you to switch
IIRC. Do it again to go back to low. Good thing the SOB
hasn't been stuck on "High"!!

Lugnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 15:01   #10 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1989 F250 high beams

So, where was it?

Spdloader


"Bunny Boy" <frdnkr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1123170918.379990.17690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I went to get this truck inspected, and the guy asked me to turn on the
> high beams. I couldn't for the life of me find the switch!!
>
> Where is it on this model?
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:11.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.