Re: 96 Ranger 2.3L check engine light on
If I remember correctly, E85 will eat the seals in the fuel system unless
your vehicle was designed to use E85. Fixing that will be way more
expensive than using regular gasoline at $2.50/gal.
Having said that, if you don't leave it in very long, i.e. you burned
through the tank quickly, you shouldn't have done major damage to the fuel
system. I don't know what effect it may or may not have on the Catalytic
converter. You should go to AutoZone or somesuch and have them pull the
codes. I'm betting that the oxygen sensors read something funny...
"Eagle Creek" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> After putting in $20.00 worth of E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline)
> shortly there after my "check engine light" came on. I have NO other
> problems, oil pressure is same, oil level is same, not over heating,
> alternator still working .... as a matter of fact I think it idles
> smoother now. But will the light go out if I revert back to gasoline
> ..... will the E85 harm anything? should I drain it, or run it out?
> Does anything need to be reset?
> Thanks Everyone! Merry Christmas AND a Happy New Year to all!