Brakes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-05, 09:01 PM
Randy Marshall
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Brakes

Hi guys I have a 92 f-250 4X4 and I need to change the front brake
rotors my mechanic wants 75 a side is it all that hard ? does anyone
know where I can find a manual online? ps I've changed a couple on other
non 4 wheel drives but this looks way different! thanks Randy pss I just
found this group you guy seem to know your fords



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-05, 10:01 PM
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes

Is he going to repack the wheel bearings for you too?

Sounds about right, price wise.

Spdloader


"Randy Marshall" <remarshall@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:22487-42B23556-61@storefull-3253.bay.webtv.net...
> Hi guys I have a 92 f-250 4X4 and I need to change the front brake
> rotors my mechanic wants 75 a side is it all that hard ? does anyone
> know where I can find a manual online? ps I've changed a couple on other
> non 4 wheel drives but this looks way different! thanks Randy pss I just
> found this group you guy seem to know your fords
>



 
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-05, 11:02 PM
Randy Marshall
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes

I thought it was a good price. But if I can do it myself it would save
150 that I dont have right now and yes he would repack the bearings

 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-05, 08:01 AM
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes

I can't say if it's too hard for you to do, I don't know your mechanical
skill level, that being said, it is a straightforward process, provided you
have the big socket for the bearing preload nut, and a pair of snap ring
pliers.

Whatever you do, good luck.

Spdloader





"Randy Marshall" <remarshall@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:12807-42B24D95-263@storefull-3258.bay.webtv.net...
>I thought it was a good price. But if I can do it myself it would save
> 150 that I dont have right now and yes he would repack the bearings
>



 
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-05, 01:05 PM
Randy Marshall
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes

I'm going to get that big socket right now

 
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-05, 02:01 AM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes

you will also need a pointed (like an ice pick or pointed knife to remove
the circle clip that sets in a groove inside the hub.
it is about the third thing to remove and is hard to see unless you know
where it is.
just put the point into the groove, between the ends of the circle clip(not
the right name) and pop one end out. then work the whole thing out."easy to
do, hard to find"
old john

ps:
here is a picture . the ring or clip is the uppermost right corner c clip or
ring.john
"Randy Marshall" <remarshall@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:15364-42B462B8-560@storefull-3257.bay.webtv.net...
> I'm going to get that big socket right now
>





 
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-05, 10:01 PM
Tyrone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes


<ajeeperman@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:osudnb9WVr7cZl3fRVn-vw@comcast.com...
> you will also need a pointed (like an ice pick or pointed knife to

remove
> the circle clip that sets in a groove inside the hub.
> it is about the third thing to remove and is hard to see unless you

know
> where it is.
> just put the point into the groove, between the ends of the circle

clip(not
> the right name) and pop one end out. then work the whole thing

out."easy to
> do, hard to find"
> old john
>
> ps:
> here is a picture . the ring or clip is the uppermost right corner c

clip or
> ring.john
> "Randy Marshall" <remarshall@webtv.net> wrote in message
> news:15364-42B462B8-560@storefull-3257.bay.webtv.net...
> > I'm going to get that big socket right now
> >

>


It's known as a snapring.


 
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-05, 05:02 PM
fredzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Brakes

Randy Marshall wrote:
> Hi guys I have a 92 f-250 4X4 and I need to change the front brake
> rotors my mechanic wants 75 a side is it all that hard ? does anyone
> know where I can find a manual online? ps I've changed a couple on other
> non 4 wheel drives but this looks way different! thanks Randy pss I just
> found this group you guy seem to know your fords
>

Go get a Haynes manual for 12 to 15 bucks and do it your self for half
the price of one side.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome