camshaft position sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
STP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
camshaft position sensor

Ok guys, I've looked high & low on my 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3L, and cannot
find this sensor. Can someone please describe to this dummy how to locate
it?
many thanks,
steve


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2005, 21:01   #2 (permalink)
johanb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: camshaft position sensor

Its on the right front side just above the crank pulley.

Its hold down by a bracket that looks like a timing pointer and a M8 bolt
with 10mm head.

MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THE BOLT STRAIGHT with a 6-point socket otherwise
you're gonna hate yourself for couple of days.





"STP" <stevepaint@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11kbn5a358i9nec@corp.supernews.com...
> Ok guys, I've looked high & low on my 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3L, and cannot
> find this sensor. Can someone please describe to this dummy how to locate
> it?
> many thanks,
> steve
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
STP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: camshaft position sensor

HOLY COW, finally found it.......thanks. Looks like it'll be somewhat
difficult to replace due to location. Guess you get at it from below & kind
of feel your way.......right?
thanks!



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 19:01   #4 (permalink)
Peter Arnold
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: camshaft position sensor

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:02:18 -0700, "STP" <stevepaint@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>HOLY COW, finally found it.......thanks. Looks like it'll be somewhat
>difficult to replace due to location. Guess you get at it from below & kind
>of feel your way.......right?
>thanks!
>
>

The second one is very easy to do ;-)

I use a 1/4" drive, 6 point socket with a short extension. YOu do not
want to damage the head of the bolt!

--

Peter T. Arnold
Windsor, Connecticut
U.S.A.

1987 Mercedes 300SDL, 231 Kmi on Delvac1, changes when f-soot is 2%

1995 Ford F-250 W/PSD, 189 Kmi on Rotella @ 5 Kmi Changes

2002 PT Cruizer, 74 Kmi, Every 5 Kmi with what's on sale

1954 Metropolitan {My Hanger-Queen}

None use oil between changes, go figure ;-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
STP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: camshaft position sensor

Pete, gimme your phone # and I'll give you a ring when the old one fails
this winter when heading south on Nevada 93, in the middle of a blizzard.
It's so nice to have friends to help out when you need them. ;-)
steve

"Peter Arnold" <PM7088@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:e57ek1dvk4n6tvgc4ipo0vbe659hs4baur@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:02:18 -0700, "STP" <stevepaint@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>HOLY COW, finally found it.......thanks. Looks like it'll be somewhat
>>difficult to replace due to location. Guess you get at it from below &
>>kind
>>of feel your way.......right?
>>thanks!
>>
>>

> The second one is very easy to do ;-)
>
> I use a 1/4" drive, 6 point socket with a short extension. YOu do not
> want to damage the head of the bolt!
>
> --
>
> Peter T. Arnold
> Windsor, Connecticut
> U.S.A.
>
> 1987 Mercedes 300SDL, 231 Kmi on Delvac1, changes when f-soot is 2%
>
> 1995 Ford F-250 W/PSD, 189 Kmi on Rotella @ 5 Kmi Changes
>
> 2002 PT Cruizer, 74 Kmi, Every 5 Kmi with what's on sale
>
> 1954 Metropolitan {My Hanger-Queen}
>
> None use oil between changes, go figure ;-)



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 13:01   #6 (permalink)
bradtx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: camshaft position sensor

Pete, OT, but I went to grade school in Windsor...a LOT better than
Hartford!

Steve, I carry a spare in the glove box since the first failed...under
warranty at least.

bradtx

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
STP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: camshaft position sensor

mmmmm mine's past warranty, but I just got one off of ebay to carry in the
glovebox, just in case. will probably fail under the nastiest of conditions
though. ;-(


"bradtx" <b2723m@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1128800433.827757.118610@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Pete, OT, but I went to grade school in Windsor...a LOT better than
> Hartford!
>
> Steve, I carry a spare in the glove box since the first failed...under
> warranty at least.
>
> bradtx
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:00.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.