F-250 cruise switch assembly - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
jc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
F-250 cruise switch assembly

How similar would the '98 F-250 cruise control switch
assembly and location be to the recalled F-150 switches? Is
there anything to even remotely worry about?
TIA,
Cheers,
jc
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2005, 06:01   #2 (permalink)
Ralph E Lindberg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly

In article <jofai15k7pecb9suapvq355lplnoop31lq@4ax.com>,
jc <crkckr@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How similar would the '98 F-250 cruise control switch
> assembly and location be to the recalled F-150 switches? Is
> there anything to even remotely worry about?
> TIA,
> Cheers,
> jc


Nope... different trany infact

--
--------------------------------------------------------
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
This posting address is a spam-trap and seldom read
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:01   #3 (permalink)
putt@webtv.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly

>How similar would the '98 F-250 cruise
> control switch assembly and location be
> to the recalled F-150 switches? Is there
> anything to even remotely worry about?


I recall seeing a video of the problem. The switch is located on the
brake Master Cylinder. Because the switch as a constant 'hot' feed to
it, the thing can overheat the brake fluid and cause the fluid to catch
fire. The problem has nothing to do with a transmission. Problem
affects both trucks and cars of certain years.

Dave S(Texas)

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
SnoMan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly

"jc" wrote:
>How similar would the 98 F-250 cruise control switch
>assembly and location be to the recalled F-150 switches? Is
>there anything to even remotely worry about?
>TIA,
>Cheers,
>jc


To my knowledge it is the same design, (and a poor design at that
too) just a bit newer. THe film in the switch breaks down with time.

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-250-c...ict137942.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=668411
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
jc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly

On 12 Sep 2005 03:51:02 -0500, jc <crkckr@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks for the replies. As much as it pains me, I opened
the hood and took a look. There is a 2 wire
connector/switch on the top, forward end of the MC. On the
very bottom of the MC there is a 4 wire connector - is this
the one they refer to for the cruise? The MC is totally dry
for now but that could change at any given moment.

If this is in fact the connector, it doesn't seem as though
it would be difficult to make and secure (with JB Weld) a
curved aluminum shield to cover it. Even something light
like a soda can could be used.

Any thoughts on that idea?
Thanks,
jc
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:01   #6 (permalink)
putt@webtv.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly

>Any thoughts on that idea?

Yes, it's a bad one.

Before you start monkeyin around and 'fixin' it, go to the Ford dot Com
website. Type Recalls in their search box and input your VIN number.
Maybe your truck doesn't have the problem.

The problem switch is what turns the cruise control OFF when you hit the
brakes. Don't have CC on my truck, but if I did and my truck had the
problem, I'd disconnect the thing until it got the 'fix'. Not sure if
that would set any codes, so maybe someone more knowledgable can speak
to that. Sure would not park the vehicle in a garage.......

Dave S(Texas)

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:01   #7 (permalink)
Razorblade
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly


<putt@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:6289-43281C1B-19@storefull-3278.bay.webtv.net...
> >Any thoughts on that idea?

>
> Yes, it's a bad one.
>
> Before you start monkeyin around and 'fixin' it, go to the Ford dot Com
> website. Type Recalls in their search box and input your VIN number.
> Maybe your truck doesn't have the problem.



I totally agree with Dave on this one. Why on God's green earth would you
want to try and rig some BS trailer park fix using a soda can and JBWeld on
your late model when (IF you have this issue), Ford has offered a FREE fix
that is not only reliable but would not damage the value of your vehicle?

Now if something like this was happening on my '74 or '83 trucks, that would
be a completely different story! JB Weld has it's place AND time!


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:01   #8 (permalink)
jc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: F-250 cruise switch assembly

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:06:59 GMT, "Razorblade"
<TraderNO4SPAMhire@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
><putt@webtv.net> wrote in message
>news:6289-43281C1B-19@storefull-3278.bay.webtv.net...
>> >Any thoughts on that idea?

>>
>> Yes, it's a bad one.
>>
>> Before you start monkeyin around and 'fixin' it, go to the Ford dot Com
>> website. Type Recalls in their search box and input your VIN number.
>> Maybe your truck doesn't have the problem.

>
>
>I totally agree with Dave on this one. Why on God's green earth would you
>want to try and rig some BS trailer park fix using a soda can and JBWeld on
>your late model when (IF you have this issue), Ford has offered a FREE fix
>that is not only reliable but would not damage the value of your vehicle?
>
>Now if something like this was happening on my '74 or '83 trucks, that would
>be a completely different story! JB Weld has it's place AND time!
>


Mainly because they're not offering a fix for F-250's as
yet. Maybe a few of them have to catch fire first?

Could be it's not the same connector - which is what I am
trying to find out.
Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
jc
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:44.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.