How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 15:01   #1 (permalink)
Elvis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Can someone please explain to me how to disable the seatbelt chime on a
2006 F250.
Thanks

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2005, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
SC Tom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250


"Elvis" <rlajack1217@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1128462328.786235.122280@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Can someone please explain to me how to disable the seatbelt chime on a
> 2006 F250.
> Thanks
>

If you're talking about BeltMinder, this is it:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT

START THE ENGINE)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1

minute)

.. Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds after the safety belt

warning light turns off.

3. At a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times,

ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state.

.. After Step 3 is complete, the safety belt warning light will be turned

on for 3 seconds.

.. If Step 4 does not occur within 10 seconds at the end of Step 3,

Beltminder will automatically exit programming mode without

changing its enable status.

4. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, at a moderate speed, buckle

then unbuckle the safety belt.

.. This will disable the BeltMinder feature if it is currently enabled. As

confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per

second for 3 seconds.

.. This will enable the BeltMinder feature if it is currently disabled. As

confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per

second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then

followed by the safety belt warning light flashing 4 times per second

for 3 seconds again.

5. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is

complete.

SC Tom




  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
Elvis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Holy crap. I'm I building a bomb or disabling seatbelts. Thanks for the
info Tom.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
Paul O.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Is this procedure the same for all fords? I have an 03 Ranger. Thanks.
--
Paul O.
oplholik@gmail.com


"SC Tom" <SC@Tom.com> wrote in message news:DiD0f.8269$Yv6.1711@fe06.lga...
>
> "Elvis" <rlajack1217@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1128462328.786235.122280@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Can someone please explain to me how to disable the seatbelt chime on a
>> 2006 F250.
>> Thanks
>>

> If you're talking about BeltMinder, this is it:
> 1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
>
> START THE ENGINE)
>
> 2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1
>
> minute)
>
> . Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds after the safety belt
>
> warning light turns off.
>
> 3. At a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times,
>
> ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state.
>
> . After Step 3 is complete, the safety belt warning light will be turned
>
> on for 3 seconds.
>
> . If Step 4 does not occur within 10 seconds at the end of Step 3,
>
> Beltminder will automatically exit programming mode without
>
> changing its enable status.
>
> 4. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, at a moderate speed, buckle
>
> then unbuckle the safety belt.
>
> . This will disable the BeltMinder feature if it is currently enabled. As
>
> confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per
>
> second for 3 seconds.
>
> . This will enable the BeltMinder feature if it is currently disabled. As
>
> confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per
>
> second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then
>
> followed by the safety belt warning light flashing 4 times per second
>
> for 3 seconds again.
>
> 5. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is
>
> complete.
>
> SC Tom
>
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:01   #5 (permalink)
Marlin Singer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Paul O. wrote:
> Is this procedure the same for all fords? I have an 03 Ranger. Thanks.

It should be listed in your owners manual. It was for my 04 F150.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Paul O.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Thanks Marlin. Just got the 03 and it didn't have an owners manual. Waiting
for the one I got on E Bay.
--
Paul O.
oplholik@gmail.com


"Marlin Singer" <marlin.singer@verizon.SPAMDAM.net> wrote in message
news:cHP0f.941$B31.825@trnddc03...
> Paul O. wrote:
>> Is this procedure the same for all fords? I have an 03 Ranger. Thanks.

> It should be listed in your owners manual. It was for my 04 F150.



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 17:01   #7 (permalink)
Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Yes it will work.

Bob


"Paul O." <oplholik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:WdZ0f.796$B14.91@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
> Thanks Marlin. Just got the 03 and it didn't have an owners manual.
> Waiting for the one I got on E Bay.
> --
> Paul O.
> oplholik@gmail.com
>
>
> "Marlin Singer" <marlin.singer@verizon.SPAMDAM.net> wrote in message
> news:cHP0f.941$B31.825@trnddc03...
>> Paul O. wrote:
>>> Is this procedure the same for all fords? I have an 03 Ranger. Thanks.

>> It should be listed in your owners manual. It was for my 04 F150.

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 19:01   #8 (permalink)
SC Tom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250


"Paul O." <oplholik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:WdZ0f.796$B14.91@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
> Thanks Marlin. Just got the 03 and it didn't have an owners manual.
> Waiting for the one I got on E Bay.
> --
> Paul O.
> oplholik@gmail.com
>
>
> "Marlin Singer" <marlin.singer@verizon.SPAMDAM.net> wrote in message
> news:cHP0f.941$B31.825@trnddc03...
>> Paul O. wrote:
>>> Is this procedure the same for all fords? I have an 03 Ranger. Thanks.

>> It should be listed in your owners manual. It was for my 04 F150.

>
>

Try here:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

or here:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...p?menuIndex=22

for owner's manuals and updates. The sites go back about 10 years.
SC Tom


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 19:01   #9 (permalink)
Marlin Singer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Paul O. wrote:
> Thanks Marlin. Just got the 03 and it didn't have an owners manual. Waiting
> for the one I got on E Bay.

You don't need to wait. Just download one in PDF format from
www.motorcraftservice.com in the owners section. It's a free download.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.