Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-06, 12:01 PM
Jerry T.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement

Hello all,

My overdrive lamp just went out.

Hopefully someone has done this job before.I am looking for some
suggestions on how
to replace the bulb.

Thanks,

Jerry T.



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-06, 03:01 PM
351CJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement


"Jerry T." <jerry.tannhauser@us.army.mil> wrote in message
news:1138906768.196946.309850@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> My overdrive lamp just went out.
>
> Hopefully someone has done this job before.I am looking for some
> suggestions on how
> to replace the bulb.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry T.
>


The job differs drastically depending on the make model and year of your
vehicle...


 
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-06, 04:01 PM
Jerry T.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement

Sorry I forgot to list vehicle type,it is a
1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 auto trans 5 speed w/overdrive

Tnx

Jerry T.

direct email is jerry.tannhauser@us.army.mil

 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-06, 12:01 PM
CJB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement

I replaced the bulbs in my 97 ranger instrument cluster not long ago. It's
pretty straightforward, and much easier than the old days because you don't
have a speedometer cable to fool with. You do have to remove the instrument
cluster, but it's not that bad. Be patient so you don't break anything. I
think it only took me 30-40 minutes start to finish to do mine.

While you're in there, replace ALL the instrument cluster bulbs. They're
all the same age, and they're going to start failing at an ever more
increasing rate. The bulbs are cheap, and it's a whole lot easier to do
them at once instead of taking the instrument panel out every 6 months to
replace another bulb.

CJB

"Jerry T." <jerry.tannhauser@us.army.mil> wrote in message
news:1138918702.676130.20270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Sorry I forgot to list vehicle type,it is a
> 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 auto trans 5 speed w/overdrive
>
> Tnx
>
> Jerry T.
>
> direct email is jerry.tannhauser@us.army.mil
>



 
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-06, 04:01 AM
clemslay@iname.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:09:32 GMT, "CJB"
<colonyparkwagon@excite.nospam> wrote:

>While you're in there, replace ALL the instrument cluster bulbs. They're
>all the same age, and they're going to start failing at an ever more
>increasing rate. The bulbs are cheap, and it's a whole lot easier to do
>them at once instead of taking the instrument panel out every 6 months to
>replace another bulb.


YES!

Not to mention that even the vibration of removing it
(bulbs not powered) is likely to kill a bulb or two.

 
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-06, 03:01 PM
351CJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instrument Cluster Lamp Replacement


<clemslay@iname.com> wrote in message
news:hk5eu1t0p7hlgadrdrgbm72t1lt4hipn67@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:09:32 GMT, "CJB"
> <colonyparkwagon@excite.nospam> wrote:
>
>>While you're in there, replace ALL the instrument cluster bulbs. They're
>>all the same age, and they're going to start failing at an ever more
>>increasing rate. The bulbs are cheap, and it's a whole lot easier to do
>>them at once instead of taking the instrument panel out every 6 months to
>>replace another bulb.

>
> YES!
>
> Not to mention that even the vibration of removing it
> (bulbs not powered) is likely to kill a bulb or two.
>


If that were true all of you bulbs would have burned out in well under
10,000 miles of regular driving over normal roads...


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome