need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2005, 22:45   #1 (permalink)
astraea41@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

Anyone remember the basic procedure to add R12 to this 93 Ranger 4.0
I have the skill but wonder if there are any things to know on this
one. AC has been getting weaker during the last 3 years so it is time.
Thanks !

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2005, 22:45   #2 (permalink)
BOB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

<astraea41@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1110475789.066330.170670@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com
> Anyone remember the basic procedure to add R12 to this 93 Ranger 4.0
> I have the skill but wonder if there are any things to know on this
> one. AC has been getting weaker during the last 3 years so it is
> time. Thanks !


Yeah...
Pay someone with the proper tools, knowledge and licensing. Or at
least let me know when and where you will be doing this so that I may
receive my part of the bounty on unlicensed use of R-12.


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 22:45   #3 (permalink)
astraea41@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

I have the tools and have been doing refrigeration for 12 years. I just
need the procedure for the ranger. The use of R12 is licensed for sale
of R12 not the use of it. I buy it at Graingers .

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 22:45   #4 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

The Ranger is no different from any other Ford.

Evacuate, check for leaks, recharge to proper fill level. (lbs)

What's the problem?

Spdloader




<astraea41@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1110560742.934655.145150@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>I have the tools and have been doing refrigeration for 12 years. I just
> need the procedure for the ranger. The use of R12 is licensed for sale
> of R12 not the use of it. I buy it at Graingers .
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 22:48   #5 (permalink)
Ernie Sparks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

He's right. After you pull down the system with vacuum make sure you have a
good valve to lock vacuum in the system and let it sit for an hour or so to
see if you have any leaks. If it's okay just recharge as usual. R-12 is
usually around 30-32 lbs on the low side. Overcharging can put a strain on
the compressor and cause belt slippage. R-12 is still the best coolant
regardless of what people say. And you're right, charging your own system is
okay in most places. Besides, these idiots who complain about the ozone
layer don't understand that the "hole" over the south pole is an approximate
50-year cycle thing. Remember, according to the tree-huggers we were
entering another ice age about 50 years ago but wait....that didn't serve
anyone's purpose well enough so now we're heating things up! Geeze, sure
wish some poeple would get a life and do something constructive. Good luck.


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
astraea41@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

I guess there are still people who can answer an honest question with
an answer that has to do with the question. I like knowing the pressure
on the low side and I did find the quantity of the dreaded evil
republican R12 under the 11 years of road grunge.

Next week I will pose the question about how much pollution is made
making nickel metal hydride batteries for cars that don't pollute the
air....................................................

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 22:48   #7 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

No disrespect man, but if you'd been doing AC work for 12 years like you
said, it was odd to me that you'd ask such a general question, and not a
specific one. You should know how to do it, and you should know where to
obtain the charge capacity information.

Spdloader



<astraea41@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1110771839.897605.93170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I guess there are still people who can answer an honest question with
> an answer that has to do with the question. I like knowing the pressure
> on the low side and I did find the quantity of the dreaded evil
> republican R12 under the 11 years of road grunge.
>
> Next week I will pose the question about how much pollution is made
> making nickel metal hydride batteries for cars that don't pollute the
> air....................................................
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:02   #8 (permalink)
astraea41@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

And no respect to you man because you have helped me before.
That said , I live 45 mile from town, built my own off grid house
myself, sailed for 9 years 25 thousand miles where there I am the one
who is responsible for everything from repairing a fuel injector line
in 14 foot seas to every other system on the boat. I was involved with
putting the USSR out of business in Military space. No I do not work at
Jiffy Lube and do this all the time....

I was hoping for the charging RPM and the low side pressure common to
the pump I have. So I went downstairs and put in 1lb. and it works
much better, No I did not evacuate it and check for leaks as leaks were
not my problem. Besides I could not find another tank to pump to. If I
have problems I will not blame anyone but myself !

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:01   #9 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

Point taken.

Have a good day!

Spdloader



<astraea41@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1110814043.261164.271410@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> And no respect to you man because you have helped me before.
> That said , I live 45 mile from town, built my own off grid house
> myself, sailed for 9 years 25 thousand miles where there I am the one
> who is responsible for everything from repairing a fuel injector line
> in 14 foot seas to every other system on the boat. I was involved with
> putting the USSR out of business in Military space. No I do not work at
> Jiffy Lube and do this all the time....
>
> I was hoping for the charging RPM and the low side pressure common to
> the pump I have. So I went downstairs and put in 1lb. and it works
> much better, No I did not evacuate it and check for leaks as leaks were
> not my problem. Besides I could not find another tank to pump to. If I
> have problems I will not blame anyone but myself !
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
93 ranger tranny top bolt removal cumbyhock Trans | Driveline 0 10-30-2004 21:28
93 Ranger 4.0L running hot on highway Mike1968 V6 and Hot4 Tech 4 05-15-2004 14:37
Ford Ranger XLT 93' MajiK Ford Ranger Forum 0 05-08-2004 07:41
2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II Stacy94PGT Ford Ranger Forum 1 05-11-2003 21:15
New 2004 Ranger Builds On 16 Years Of Leadership RPO83 Ford Worldwide News 0 04-15-2003 05:36

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:52.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.