Ranger Seat Removal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
RWS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ranger Seat Removal

I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is a
star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is too
large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says
there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?

Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?

Thanks
Bob S
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2005, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
adixon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ranger Seat Removal

"RWS1" wrote:
> I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The
> bolt is a
> star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60
> is too
> large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store
> says
> there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?
>
> Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?
>
> Thanks
> Bob S


I am pretty sure that they are the #55 socket but now are we talking
about the regular front seats not the jump seats right? But Iíd say
check out your #55 is it worn? If not Iíll try to do some more
research to help you, Iíve got a 94 B3000 (same thing as ranger)
except I have the full bucket and itís held by a regular bolt. But
check for wear on the #55 and let me know. - Adixon

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Range...ict118808.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=576841
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01   #3 (permalink)
sf/gf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ranger Seat Removal

My 93 Ranger with bucket seats also had a star head which I could not find a
proper socket/allen wrench/torx head. I ended up grabbing the bolt head
with a vise grip and taking it out that way. Not the best way, but it
worked.
Steve

"RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
news:427a69f0.1088640@NEWS.ARACNET.COM...
>I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is a
> star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is too
> large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says
> there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?
>
> Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?
>
> Thanks
> Bob S



  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 16:01   #4 (permalink)
RWS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ranger Seat Removal

On 5 May 2005 16:06:33 -0500, adixon <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com>
wrote:



>I am pretty sure that they are the #55 socket but now are we talking
>about the regular front seats not the jump seats right? But Iíd say
>check out your #55 is it worn? If not Iíll try to do some more
>research to help you, Iíve got a 94 B3000 (same thing as ranger)
>except I have the full bucket and itís held by a regular bolt. But
>check for wear on the #55 and let me know. - Adixon


Nope. Brand new. Checked with another new one just in case. Thanks
>
>--
>Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
>Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Range...ict118808.html
>Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=576841


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 13:01   #5 (permalink)
Eagle Creek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ranger Seat Removal

If not Allen or Torx it may be what is called a Triple Square,
.............. yet another tool to buy!



"RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
news:427a69f0.1088640@NEWS.ARACNET.COM...
> I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is a
> star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is too
> large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says
> there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?
>
> Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?
>
> Thanks
> Bob S


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:01   #6 (permalink)
RWS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ranger Seat Removal

Never heard of Triple Square. Am I right in that it would be a 12
point head? Mine is six point.

Thanks


On Sat, 7 May 2005 13:20:49 -0500, "Eagle Creek" <7734@46341.invalid>
wrote:

>If not Allen or Torx it may be what is called a Triple Square,
>............. yet another tool to buy!
>
>
>
>"RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
>news:427a69f0.1088640@NEWS.ARACNET.COM...
>> I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is a
>> star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is too
>> large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says
>> there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?
>>
>> Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob S

>


  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:01   #7 (permalink)
Eagle Creek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ranger Seat Removal


Have you got "google'? type in ..... triple square drive ....
and you will see !



"RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
news:427e19cb.1400247@NEWS.ARACNET.COM...
> Never heard of Triple Square. Am I right in that it would be a 12
> point head? Mine is six point.
>
> Thanks
>
>
> On Sat, 7 May 2005 13:20:49 -0500, "Eagle Creek" <7734@46341.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >If not Allen or Torx it may be what is called a Triple Square,
> >............. yet another tool to buy!
> >
> >
> >
> >"RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> >news:427a69f0.1088640@NEWS.ARACNET.COM...
> >> I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is

a
> >> star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is

too
> >> large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says
> >> there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?
> >>
> >> Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Bob S

> >

>


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.