Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #1 (permalink)
Gene
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Ok, What about this?
Since I have an add on cooler in front of the radiator , Could I put a
large container full of new fluid (Like 20 QT) and let it run into the
input line throught the X-mission and let it run out of the
transmission output line?

That way when 12 or so quarts come out I know it is full of new fluid.

I know I'm strange.

Gene

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #2 (permalink)
TranSurgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

no, because the 'transmission input line' goes to lube; there is no
'suction' on it

I do NOT endorse the following, but you could overfill it about 4 quarts,
start it and let it pump a gallon out, and repeat that about 2 or three
times

DO NOT LET IT run low to where the pump sucks air

"Gene" <Floridaradio@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1117464936.192055.66240@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Ok, What about this?
> Since I have an add on cooler in front of the radiator , Could I put a
> large container full of new fluid (Like 20 QT) and let it run into the
> input line throught the X-mission and let it run out of the
> transmission output line?
>
> That way when 12 or so quarts come out I know it is full of new fluid.
>
> I know I'm strange.
>
> Gene
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #3 (permalink)
TranSurgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

what's the fixation with getting it 'all out' ?...........it ain't never
gonna happen

say it holds 12 quarts and you change 4

then you have 2/3 old

next time, you change 4 more quarts

but this time you get 1/3 of the 2/3 'old stuff'

now you have changed 1/3 + 2/9 = 5/9 of the 'old'

so you have 4/9 'old' left

changing 1/3 again gets you 4/27 of the 'old'

so now you have changed out 15/27 + 4/27 of the old, or 19/27 or just over
2/3

this process can be continued indefinetely, with diminishing returns

best is to change it now, then in a week or so, then in another week, then
start doing it every 12-15K




"Gene" <Floridaradio@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1117481153.569467.227460@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I am going to drop the pan. I neved did not want to drop the pan.
> That's the easy part. I just want to get ALL of the old fluid out.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #4 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Man, doing math on a holiday. I'd be torqued off.

lol

Spdloader





"TranSurgeon" <nobulltrans@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message
news:ITJme.21364$g66.8080@attbi_s71...
> what's the fixation with getting it 'all out' ?...........it ain't never
> gonna happen
>
> say it holds 12 quarts and you change 4
>
> then you have 2/3 old
>
> next time, you change 4 more quarts
>
> but this time you get 1/3 of the 2/3 'old stuff'
>
> now you have changed 1/3 + 2/9 = 5/9 of the 'old'
>
> so you have 4/9 'old' left
>
> changing 1/3 again gets you 4/27 of the 'old'
>
> so now you have changed out 15/27 + 4/27 of the old, or 19/27 or just over
> 2/3
>
> this process can be continued indefinetely, with diminishing returns
>
> best is to change it now, then in a week or so, then in another week, then
> start doing it every 12-15K
>
>
>
>
> "Gene" <Floridaradio@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1117481153.569467.227460@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> I am going to drop the pan. I neved did not want to drop the pan.
>> That's the easy part. I just want to get ALL of the old fluid out.
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #5 (permalink)
TranSurgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I was going to do the iterations out to six or 7 terms, but ran out of steam
(and lunch was ready)


"Spdloader" <ctbryson@nospam.triad.rr.com> wrote in message
news:FgKme.2903$89.91149@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> Man, doing math on a holiday. I'd be torqued off.
>
> lol
>
> Spdloader
>
>
>
>
>
> "TranSurgeon" <nobulltrans@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message
> news:ITJme.21364$g66.8080@attbi_s71...
> > what's the fixation with getting it 'all out' ?...........it ain't never
> > gonna happen
> >
> > say it holds 12 quarts and you change 4
> >
> > then you have 2/3 old
> >
> > next time, you change 4 more quarts
> >
> > but this time you get 1/3 of the 2/3 'old stuff'
> >
> > now you have changed 1/3 + 2/9 = 5/9 of the 'old'
> >
> > so you have 4/9 'old' left
> >
> > changing 1/3 again gets you 4/27 of the 'old'
> >
> > so now you have changed out 15/27 + 4/27 of the old, or 19/27 or just

over
> > 2/3
> >
> > this process can be continued indefinetely, with diminishing returns
> >
> > best is to change it now, then in a week or so, then in another week,

then
> > start doing it every 12-15K
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Gene" <Floridaradio@aol.com> wrote in message
> > news:1117481153.569467.227460@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >> I am going to drop the pan. I neved did not want to drop the pan.
> >> That's the easy part. I just want to get ALL of the old fluid out.
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #6 (permalink)
Spdloader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Transmission fluid change in 95 Windstar ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gets in the way of my food either.

later,

Spdloader



"TranSurgeon" <nobulltrans@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message
news:tjKme.20421$PS3.18954@attbi_s22...
>I was going to do the iterations out to six or 7 terms, but ran out of
>steam
> (and lunch was ready)
>
>
> "Spdloader" <ctbryson@nospam.triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:FgKme.2903$89.91149@twister.southeast.rr.com...
>> Man, doing math on a holiday. I'd be torqued off.
>>
>> lol
>>
>> Spdloader
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "TranSurgeon" <nobulltrans@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message
>> news:ITJme.21364$g66.8080@attbi_s71...
>> > what's the fixation with getting it 'all out' ?...........it ain't
>> > never
>> > gonna happen
>> >
>> > say it holds 12 quarts and you change 4
>> >
>> > then you have 2/3 old
>> >
>> > next time, you change 4 more quarts
>> >
>> > but this time you get 1/3 of the 2/3 'old stuff'
>> >
>> > now you have changed 1/3 + 2/9 = 5/9 of the 'old'
>> >
>> > so you have 4/9 'old' left
>> >
>> > changing 1/3 again gets you 4/27 of the 'old'
>> >
>> > so now you have changed out 15/27 + 4/27 of the old, or 19/27 or just

> over
>> > 2/3
>> >
>> > this process can be continued indefinetely, with diminishing returns
>> >
>> > best is to change it now, then in a week or so, then in another week,

> then
>> > start doing it every 12-15K
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Gene" <Floridaradio@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > news:1117481153.569467.227460@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> >> I am going to drop the pan. I neved did not want to drop the pan.
>> >> That's the easy part. I just want to get ALL of the old fluid out.
>> >>
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.