thank sBB ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 19:01   #1 (permalink)
norm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
thank sBB ford

Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
10,000 miles ago.
The fact I bought it used had no bearing.

so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2006, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
gw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: thank sBB ford

It's 10,000 miles out of warranty. What's your beef?

"norm" <normplace@conico.net> wrote in message
news:l2%uf.4222$Pe6.3535@trnddc08...
> Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
> O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
> 10,000 miles ago.
> The fact I bought it used had no bearing.
>
> so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:01   #3 (permalink)
Rick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: thank sBB ford


"norm" <normplace@conico.net> wrote in message news:l2%uf.4222$Pe6.3535@trnddc08...
> Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
> O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
> 10,000 miles ago.
> The fact I bought it used had no bearing.
>
> so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.



Here's part of your post in another group:

"..I read a lot of this gasket nonsense on the intake. I can do this
myself with local parts if I know which gasket is being referred to. This
isnt the gasket on the IAC valve is it? If not, please explain if possible.
I have no garage but I can sure do this if it warms up some in my neck of
the woods..."


I take it didn't warm up enough in your neck of the woods to buy the gaskets and do it
yourself?


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
norm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
WITHDRAWN Re: thank sBB ford

I bought the darn thing used. Crap happens. I'm over it.
thanks for sighting me on that. (no it didnt warm up but I sort of wish it
would have) :)


"Rick" <notta@goodone.com> wrote in message
news:Nlbvf.2578$ZA2.1787@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "norm" <normplace@conico.net> wrote in message
> news:l2%uf.4222$Pe6.3535@trnddc08...
>> Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
>> O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
>> 10,000 miles ago.
>> The fact I bought it used had no bearing.
>>
>> so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.

>
>
> Here's part of your post in another group:
>
> "..I read a lot of this gasket nonsense on the intake. I can do this
> myself with local parts if I know which gasket is being referred to. This
> isnt the gasket on the IAC valve is it? If not, please explain if
> possible.
> I have no garage but I can sure do this if it warms up some in my neck of
> the woods..."
>
>
> I take it didn't warm up enough in your neck of the woods to buy the
> gaskets and do it
> yourself?
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: thank sBB ford

No, he said it was recalled. Can recalls expire? I never heard of that.

"gw" <no.spam@here.com> wrote in message
news:76ednXjuVbdxsyDenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@adelphia.com...
> It's 10,000 miles out of warranty. What's your beef?
>
> "norm" <normplace@conico.net> wrote in message
> news:l2%uf.4222$Pe6.3535@trnddc08...
>> Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
>> O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
>> 10,000 miles ago.
>> The fact I bought it used had no bearing.
>>
>> so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:01   #6 (permalink)
351CJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: thank sBB ford


"Joe" <Joe@dontspam.net> wrote in message news:_HIvf.310$fp7.50@fe03.lga...
> No, he said it was recalled. Can recalls expire? I never heard of that.
>
> "gw" <no.spam@here.com> wrote in message
> news:76ednXjuVbdxsyDenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@adelphia.com...
>> It's 10,000 miles out of warranty. What's your beef?
>>
>> "norm" <normplace@conico.net> wrote in message
>> news:l2%uf.4222$Pe6.3535@trnddc08...
>>> Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
>>> O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
>>> 10,000 miles ago.
>>> The fact I bought it used had no bearing.
>>>
>>> so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.


Yes they do, ALL recalls expire! Exactly how many years should a car maker
be responsible for their product? They already offer better warranties than
any other industry.

Just think if Microsoft's products preformed as well...


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 15:01   #7 (permalink)
norm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: thank sBB ford

Just ticked. It went in for two recalls. They wouldnt stop hounding me via
mail until they got done.Why wasn't this other inherent problem at least
discounted or something? I broke down and paid it before the thing got me in
an accident on a cold morning. I am not the orignal owner and the recalls
followed me just fine. Its over. Paid the price. Truck running great now.

Yeah, software is sold with known flaws lots of times too.

lol. Maybe SOHC 9.0 will come out soon and come with free AOL. :)


"351CJ" <351CJ@msn.com> wrote in message
news:PcKvf.1130$em5.1107@trnddc05...
>
> "Joe" <Joe@dontspam.net> wrote in message
> news:_HIvf.310$fp7.50@fe03.lga...
>> No, he said it was recalled. Can recalls expire? I never heard of that.
>>
>> "gw" <no.spam@here.com> wrote in message
>> news:76ednXjuVbdxsyDenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@adelphia.com...
>>> It's 10,000 miles out of warranty. What's your beef?
>>>
>>> "norm" <normplace@conico.net> wrote in message
>>> news:l2%uf.4222$Pe6.3535@trnddc08...
>>>> Recall just barely out of date just cost me 700.00 thanks Ford.
>>>> O-ring intake seal was supposed to be fixed free if I had gotten it in
>>>> 10,000 miles ago.
>>>> The fact I bought it used had no bearing.
>>>>
>>>> so...Ford... I dont owe you any more of my business.

>
> Yes they do, ALL recalls expire! Exactly how many years should a car
> maker be responsible for their product? They already offer better
> warranties than any other industry.
>
> Just think if Microsoft's products preformed as well...
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.