THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 01:01   #1 (permalink)
dwmills
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I
DIDNT BELIEVE BUT THOUGHT WHY NOT TRY IT. NOW I GET 99 MORE MILES OUT
OF A TANK. 30% INCREASE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. THE ENGINE RUNS
SMOOTHER AND THE POWER IS AMAZING. OLD TIMERS WERE DOING THIS FOR THE
PAST 40 YEARS CHECK THE INTERNET THERES INFO ON IT. CLEANS OUT YOUR
ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2005, 09:01   #2 (permalink)
Scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG


"dwmills" <dwmills@atlanticbb.net> wrote in message
news:2sb1l1ljka95n0uif88inpjb9d47ue12cr@4ax.com...
> GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
> PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I
> DIDNT BELIEVE BUT THOUGHT WHY NOT TRY IT. NOW I GET 99 MORE MILES OUT
> OF A TANK. 30% INCREASE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. THE ENGINE RUNS
> SMOOTHER AND THE POWER IS AMAZING. OLD TIMERS WERE DOING THIS FOR THE
> PAST 40 YEARS CHECK THE INTERNET THERES INFO ON IT. CLEANS OUT YOUR
> ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
> MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.


Bullshit. I bet you have stock in a major acetone manufacturer, though.



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:01   #3 (permalink)
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:33:09 -0700, "Scott" <homealone.com> wrote:

>
>"dwmills" <dwmills@atlanticbb.net> wrote in message
>news:2sb1l1ljka95n0uif88inpjb9d47ue12cr@4ax.com...
>> GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
>> PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I
>> DIDNT BELIEVE BUT THOUGHT WHY NOT TRY IT. NOW I GET 99 MORE MILES OUT
>> OF A TANK. 30% INCREASE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. THE ENGINE RUNS
>> SMOOTHER AND THE POWER IS AMAZING. OLD TIMERS WERE DOING THIS FOR THE
>> PAST 40 YEARS CHECK THE INTERNET THERES INFO ON IT. CLEANS OUT YOUR
>> ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
>> MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.

>
>Bullshit. I bet you have stock in a major acetone manufacturer, though.


1st off DW, STOP FUGGIN' SHOUTING!!!

There may be *SOME* validity to this..

There was a thread over on alt.motorcycles.sportbikes a couple weeks
back that referred to some web page that had research data from a
study done to determine if acetone did incerase fuel mileage..

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new...00069_Acetone/

I read it and it sounds interesting, but I'm not going to try it on my
vehicle... Maybe in the wife's car.. hehehe


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 13:01   #4 (permalink)
Peter Arnold
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:40:32 -0400, dwmills <dwmills@atlanticbb.net>
wrote:

>GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
>PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I
>DIDNT BELIEVE BUT THOUGHT WHY NOT TRY IT. NOW I GET 99 MORE MILES OUT
>OF A TANK. 30% INCREASE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. THE ENGINE RUNS
>SMOOTHER AND THE POWER IS AMAZING. OLD TIMERS WERE DOING THIS FOR THE
>PAST 40 YEARS CHECK THE INTERNET THERES INFO ON IT. CLEANS OUT YOUR
>ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
>MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.


Works even better if you have the following:

1) Fuel Magnet to line up the protons is good for 40%

2) K&N Filter Good for 10%

3) Splitfire type plugs. Good for 35%

Caution: I did all of the above and my fuel tank overflowed.

--

Peter T. Arnold
Windsor, Connecticut
U.S.A.

1987 Mercedes 300SDL, 231 Kmi on Delvac1, changes when f-soot is 2%

1995 Ford F-250 W/PSD, 189 Kmi on Rotella @ 5 Kmi Changes

2002 PT Cruizer, 74 Kmi, Every 5 Kmi with what's on sale

1954 Metropolitan {My Hanger-Queen}

None use oil between changes, go figure ;-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:24:34 -0400, Peter Arnold <PM7088@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:40:32 -0400, dwmills <dwmills@atlanticbb.net>
>wrote:
>
>>GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
>>PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I
>>DIDNT BELIEVE BUT THOUGHT WHY NOT TRY IT. NOW I GET 99 MORE MILES OUT
>>OF A TANK. 30% INCREASE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. THE ENGINE RUNS
>>SMOOTHER AND THE POWER IS AMAZING. OLD TIMERS WERE DOING THIS FOR THE
>>PAST 40 YEARS CHECK THE INTERNET THERES INFO ON IT. CLEANS OUT YOUR
>>ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
>>MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.

>
>Works even better if you have the following:
>
>1) Fuel Magnet to line up the protons is good for 40%
>
>2) K&N Filter Good for 10%
>
>3) Splitfire type plugs. Good for 35%
>
>Caution: I did all of the above and my fuel tank overflowed.


So at 115%, did Exxon start cutting you refund checks too?? (or did
the EPA fines for pissing gasoline all over the place cause you to go
broke? hehehe)


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
Chris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

Great article. I think i'll try it in the v10. I'll let you know how it
goes.

Chris

Hey kev hows the head holding up and I hope to be out at glamis this turkey
day you gonna be out there.


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:02   #7 (permalink)
ToughOldFord
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

I don't know anything about the Fuel Magnet, but I do know that K&Ns
and Splitfires are a waste of money.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:02   #8 (permalink)
Wrench007 via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

Did you know that manure is used for fuel, only there is no benefit of
putting it in your car. Do you really believe that there is some kind of
government conspiracy to sell more gas and less acetone? If this really
worked as a benefit (cleaner air or better mileage), it would be in the gas
already.
There are usually two sides to every story, but when a "get rich quick"
scheme is involved, in comes the manure. -J

dwmills wrote:
> GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
> PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
> ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
> MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.



--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...truck/200510/1
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:01   #9 (permalink)
I. Care
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

In article <55eea59464397@uwe>, u14318@uwe says...

<SNIP>

> There are usually two sides to every story, but when a "get rich quick"
> scheme is involved, in comes the manure. -J
>

Who is getting rich quick, and what is the scheme? People selling
acetone? It certainly isn't the oil companies selling acetone to add to
their gasoline.

> dwmills wrote:
> > GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC.
> > PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I

> [quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
> > ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6
> > MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.

>
>
>


--
I. Care
Address fake until the SPAM goes away ;-}
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 17:01   #10 (permalink)
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 02:27:46 GMT, "Chris" <gotohell@yourliesure.com>
wrote:

>Great article. I think i'll try it in the v10. I'll let you know how it
>goes.
>
>Chris
>
>Hey kev hows the head holding up and I hope to be out at glamis this turkey
>day you gonna be out there.


Head's holdin' up just fine. Had some trepidation about really
hammering the throttle over the 1st couple weeks, but am pretty much
back to normal driving.

Won't be at Glamis this Turkey day... (or any other) Too many people
out on the holiday weekends. We'll probably go the weekend before to
ride and the weekend after to help pick up garbage left by the idiots
who don't give a damn about keeping the dunes open.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.trucks.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.