1993 Ford Telstar 2.5L V6 Hatchback TX5 Ghia - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2004, 07:39   #1 (permalink)

1993 Ford Telstar 2.5L V6 Hatchback TX5 Ghia

Oil pressure problem!
I'm having major problems with my car.
Recently had an accident - body damage at front and damage to condenser and power steering.
Had body repaired but now suffers from low oil pressure.
Had sump, oil pressure release valve and oil take-up thoroughly cleaned of gunk. Now car starts with normal oil pressure. After a minute or two the engine makes a rattling noise for a second or three and the oil pressure starts to waver. The noise stops and the pressure stabilises for another few seconds. Then the rattling noise and drop in oil pressure again for another few seconds before returning to normal sound and pressure. A second or two later it returns but doesn't go away. With the rattling noise the oil pressure continues to drop until it gets seriosly low.
If I stop the engine for 10 or 15 minutes and start it again the same thing happens all over again.
Have taken one of the rocker covers off and although there is some build-up of gunk, the oil doesn't appear to be blocked from circulating back to the sump.
Does anyone know what the problem might be and how it can best be fixed?
francism is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 15:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1993 Ford Telstar 2.5L V6 Hatchback TX5 Ghia

Rattling could mean that not enuf oil is getting to top of motor. Mums falcon does this when its cold, only for a few seconds and not all the time. once normal oil circulation has begun, the noise stops. You may wanna take a look at the back cyl bank n make sure nothing is a miss there. As for a specific diagnosis- i can't really help you...sorry.
DM
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 15:39   #3 (permalink)

While i've got the chance of talkin to sum1 with a telstar- Whats it like to drive? do they go hard? (do u have man or auto) How expensive are they to run (ie fuel bills, insurance mayb compared to a falcon or sumthing like that, servicing costs). I'm not expecting exact figures, but a general idea would b heaps useful. Thanks dude
DM
Old 07-23-2004, 20:57   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmelon
While i've got the chance of talkin to sum1 with a telstar- Whats it like to drive? do they go hard? (do u have man or auto) How expensive are they to run (ie fuel bills, insurance mayb compared to a falcon or sumthing like that, servicing costs). I'm not expecting exact figures, but a general idea would b heaps useful. Thanks dude
DM
Do they drive hard? - yes, fairly hard. With a 2.5L V6 there are many cars that will drive harder. But with low profile tyres, they handle superbly.....best of the many cars I've owned. The 1993 model I have has a fairly heavy body compared to later Telstar models and Mazda 626 versions. I suspect the Telstar and Mazda 626 models with smaller bodies would drive harder and be more economical.
Can't really help you with comparisons with running and servicing costs, but I suspect the Telstar would compare farly well....it all depends on how hard you drive, how well it is maintained, tuned, etc. Insurance also depends on age, claims record, etc. Best to contact a few insurance companies.
Sorry I haven't been very helpful.
Thanks for your advice, though. Much appreciated!
FM
francism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 18:26   #5 (permalink)

no worries dude, thanks for urs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar