1995 contour Engine/radiator fan - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2006, 17:00   #1 (permalink)

1995 contour Engine/radiator fan

Does the contour radiator fan stay on while the engine is running, or only when the engine starts to overheat? I've noticed quite a few messages that deal with the fan and fan motors, and I'm really stumped because some of the messages seemed to imply that there are two fan motors for the radiator. I may have misinterpreted what I've seen in the messages. Can anyone give me a basic understanding in plain english that clarifies whether the contour has one or two fans, and does the fan come on and stay on while the engine is running?
richie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2006, 11:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1995 contour Engine/radiator fan

Not sure about US models, but in the UK (Mondeo) it has a 2-speed single fan which should only come on in overheat conditions or if the aircon is on.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 17:39   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1995 contour Engine/radiator fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtech.
Not sure about US models, but in the UK (Mondeo) it has a 2-speed single fan which should only come on in overheat conditions or if the aircon is on.
Thanks Fordtech.

If I recall correctly, I remember seeing something that indicated that the Mondeo is the same as the US Contour. And then the same fan design should be employed on both vehicles. Thank you for the clarification on how the fan works. It seems as though I may not have a problem after all, because my contour fan comes on when the temp gets high, expecially during the hot summer months. One other thing, My 95 Contour has the 4 cylinder engine. I understand that the 6 cylinder engine may have two fan motors.
richie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar