1998 Contour GL~Problems!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 09:37   #1 (permalink)

confused 1998 Contour GL~Problems!!

I just recently bought a 98' contour Gl and the speedometer, the gas gage and the temperature gage doesnt work. I bought the car yesturday and i dont want to take the car into a dealer unless last resort so if anyone knows the problem or a way you could help me fix it i would GREATLY AND I MEAN GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!

Thank you...

Anthony
anton3sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 16:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1998 Contour GL~Problems!!

Do your dash lights work? There may be a loose connection on the back of the cluster... Heck, it sounds as if both wire groups have become un-clipped...
Old 11-23-2007, 19:31   #3 (permalink)

Okay so how do i fix this problem? THANK YOU so much for replying so quik i really want to drive this car and my parents (im 16) wont llet me drive it unless it gets pixed...
Old 11-23-2007, 19:57   #4 (permalink)

they also may be on the same fuse and that fuse may be blown. does the radio work (on a lot of fords the gauges and the radio are on the same fuse).
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 20:01   #5 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: 1998 Contour GL~Problems!!

all llights work in the dash but those three gauges dont work..So if u have any information on this type of problem write me back as soon as possible..

THANK YOU!
Old 11-23-2007, 20:03   #6 (permalink)

yes, the radio works.. and also the clock also works.. everything works but the cluster of gauges...

Thanks once again..!
Old 11-24-2007, 05:36   #7 (permalink)

Well, if all of your dash lights work, than I doubt it is the connection on the back of the cluster... To check it though you need to take off the dash and then pull out the cluster... I think there are 5(?) screws holding both things down... It is not that hard, I just installed a cluster with a tach in my 1995 GL... But like I said, if the dash lights work then it may be something farther down the line

PS: If you want a more active Contour forum, come join the party at Contour.org!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar