2004 Ford Mondeo: Additional Features Equal Superior Value For Uk Favourite - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2003, 02:35   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

2004 Ford Mondeo: Additional Features Equal Superior Value For Uk Favourite

UK pricing and specification details of the 2004 re-styled Mondeo have been revealed today. Due on sale from 1st July, the 2004 Mondeo offers drivers a significant package focussed on new technologies, interior and exterior enhancements, all keeping Ford Mondeo at the top of its class.

Significant upgrades

Mondeo customers now benefit from an array of added features as standard across the range.* Key features include cruise control on the LX, auto climate control and sports suspension on the Zetec and 6-speed manual transmission on Zetec S and ST220.

The ST220 further benefits from power fold door mirrors, puddle lamps and rain sensing wipers while Ghia gets a Sony 6CD audio system. The highly specified Ghia X comes with upgraded, softer leather or Alcantara trim and wood accents to the dash and gearshift.

Available for the first time to the Mondeo range is the highly efficient 1.8 SCi direct-injection petrol engine offered in both Ghia, from £17,500 and Ghia X from £19,700.

“At its debut just three years ago, Ford Mondeo changed customers' expectations of technology, quality and value for money in the family car segment, just as the first Mondeo had done at its original launch in 1993. I believe this re-styled Mondeo will repeat that feat,” said Paul Thomas, managing director, Ford of Britain.

Building on a best-seller

While improving Mondeo inside and out, Ford has also redefined the UK range to offer customers greater choice through enhanced differentiation between its sports and luxury series. All are available in four-, five-door or estate form, with a range of modern, efficient powertrains.

Ford Mondeo has been on sale in the UK for 10 years, originally launched in 1993. Since the debut of the latest model in 2000, almost 200,000 Mondeos have been sold and changed family car customers’ expectations of quality, value for money and reliability.

“The C/D family car segment is an incredibly competitive market and Mondeo is the clear favourite. Over 140 models fall into the segment and overall it accounted for nearly 350,000 UK sales last year alone, with Mondeo taking a 20 per cent share. In that environment, I believe the re-styled Mondeo’s combination of technology, safety, luxury and value for money is great news for customers,” concluded Paul Thomas

Visit the Ford website for detailed price lists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mond1.jpg (30.9 KB, 69 views)
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2003, 02:37   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mond2.jpg (27.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 00:35   #3 (permalink)

any bigger pictures of the front and 3/4 angle?
Old 06-11-2003, 00:42   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

I guess I could load up a few large images in the fordgallery later.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:16   #5 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Had to scale it down a fair bit...but I think it should do :)

Old 08-05-2003, 10:23   #6 (permalink)
Focus lover

Re: 2004 Ford Mondeo: Additional Features Equal Superior Value For Uk Favourite

wow that is a good lookin' car, wish they had it here in the US
cdipier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 15:20   #7 (permalink)

Great car but its sure being left behind in the power stakes.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 18:36   #8 (permalink)
Focus lover

i don't need that much power I just want something that will get me from point A to point B and will not give me trouble for the first couple years. I think it has a cute look and I would not mind driving one of them.
Old 01-18-2004, 16:16   #9 (permalink)
Focus lover

i think it looks like the new focus in the front styling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar