Ford Forums banner

97' Mercury Mystique hourse power ?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bk4293 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 97 Mercury Mystique GS with a v6 2.5liter engine. I want to how much horse power the car has I whent to a site that told me the 4 cylender has 125 hp but, the optional 2.5 liter has 170 wich sounds like it is too much. Can someone help me resolve this thanks in advace to everyone .

By the way Iam new and my name is frank.

#3 ·
kidnirvana01 said:
i have a '98 contour, which is the same thing, rated at 170hp @ 6200, 162 lbft @ 4200. so be happy with that :hy: , enjoi-mike
Those are the correct numbers. Those numbers are at the flywheel though, not the tires. Do you have a 5 speed or auto? I can do nice burn outs with my 5 speed. Also, maybe you need a tune up and all that fun stuff. SVT's have 200-205 horses.

#4 ·
elraido said:
Those are the correct numbers. Those numbers are at the flywheel though, not the tires. Do you have a 5 speed or auto? I can do nice burn outs with my 5 speed. Also, maybe you need a tune up and all that fun stuff. SVT's have 200-205 horses.
SVT's
98's have 195
99-2000's have 200 at the flywheel

Or you can do the 3 litre motor swap.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.