Any ideas? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 17:21   #1 (permalink)
Frustrated with my car!

Any ideas?

I have had my car to three diffrent places and have had the fuel pump replaced and just last week changed the mass air flow sensor. I will be driving my car and with out making a noise or anything it turns off, I can be going 50mph or 25mph it dosent matter. My check engine light came on and I took it to the first place and the told me that it was because of the fuel pump so I got that fixed took the car home and it did the same thing on the way home. Light came on and it cut off while I was driving it back to the place, they put it on the machine and said it was now the mass air flow sensor. Not wanting to trust him I took it to two diffrent shops and they told me it was the mass air flow sensor that was triggering the check engine light and causing it to cut off, so I went ahead and replaced it. Now the problem is happening even more then it was before. No smoke, no noise just cutting off, light did not come back this time. Any thing else that it could be?? Any help would be greatly appriciated.Thanks misydu4@yahoo.com
misydu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar