Help where can I get a new radiator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:11   #1 (permalink)

Help where can I get a new radiator

Hello everyone, please forgive me as this is my first post so if I do anything stupid please feel free to tell me. OK I own a 95 mondeo 2.5 V6 ghia and I need a new radiator. Apparently the rad on this model also cools the oil so has 3 connecting points. So far I have not been able to get one in the UK as the ford dealers say they are no longer available can anyone help me with this problem please. All suggestions gratefully accepted even if I have to import one.I would even take a second hand one if there is no other option.
I hope to hear from someone soon, so till then , thanks for reading this.
Smifco
smifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007, 12:39   #2 (permalink)

Re: Help where can I get a new radiator

I take it it's an auto? Does it look like this?
2FD268 Radiator Ford Mondeo Mk1 2.0i 16v (2x O/Cool New on eBay, Ford, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (item 300041929409 end time 20-Sep-07 10:44:38 BST)
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 16:33   #3 (permalink)
Always the student

3 connecting points?? Should be two lines for the oil, two lines for the tranny, and your upper hose and lower hose connections. Isn't there decent parts suppliers in the UK?
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:26   #4 (permalink)

Hi Fordtech, Thanks for the reply, and no it doesnt look like your pic. Unfortounatly the cars in the repair shop and I dont have a pic but I'll get one for you sap. In reply to the other reply The mechanic told me its got three connecting points but maybe there are more I know the rad cools the oil as well as the water, and the car has air con too but I've never seen the actual rad. The guy at the garage says ford no longer service the parts for this vehicle, and hes had 3 so far none of which fit, but hes still trying. I know its a zetec engine and as you said its an auto, is there anything else you need to know that might help?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:35   #5 (permalink)

Hi again. My car is like this one in the avatar, hope this helps
Old 08-22-2007, 12:16   #6 (permalink)

FORD - www.appliedradiators.co.uk
Old 08-25-2007, 05:19   #7 (permalink)

Smile Re: Help where can I get a new radiator

Thanks again fordtech, I'm going to pass this info onto the garage and see what happens. I'd just like to say that your help is really, really appreciated , as is all suggestions received, but especcialy yours as you take the time and trouble to help others a lot on this site so may you reap the rewards of your kindness in years to come. Thanks Fordtech
Smifco
Old 08-26-2007, 04:22   #8 (permalink)

Aww shucks, I try my best *bows*.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar