Mondeo GLX 1.8 TD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2001, 12:32   #1 (permalink)
European Ford Member

Mondeo GLX 1.8 TD

Hello all,just wondering what engine oil to put in my '99 diesel.
Probably sounds dense I know but it doesn't mention what type it takes. Any help would be grateful.
TIA

Kwozzii
Kwozzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2001, 22:54   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Nah that is not dense mate.I'm not sure myself but i'll see what I can sus out. I guess it is the rating you are looking for.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 11:14   #3 (permalink)
European Ford Member

Smile

Yeah thats what I need thanks.On another matter,the Cd on my stereo is dead,always says there is a disc when they always play ok in anything else.Thing is,I've got a new stereo (Sony) and was wondering how to get the Ford unit out as there are 4 small holes on the front of it but I can't see any way to the unit out.
Is this a Ford dealer job??
BTW the unit is a CD6000.

Thanks ,

Kwozzii
Old 11-21-2001, 00:42   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

The stereo mite be a problem.There are special tools needed to get some of them out.You would be better taking it to a car audio shop probably rather than the Ford dealer as they could probably help out more with fitting the new unit and possibly repair the old one if needed.I'll grab those oil ratings too .Can I ask how you came across the site eg search,word of mouth etc.
Old 11-22-2001, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Finally back on the oil. The diesel takes slightly different oil to petrol engines tho I think it is mainly higher detergent levels in the diesel stuff. Oil classification is API service CC or CD and SAE viscosity ratings are as follows
Temperature range the vehicle operates in ,in degees celcius
-30 to -20 =SAE 5W_20
-20 to 30 = SAE 10W_30
-10 to 40= SAE 15W_40
These are multigrade oils to cover various air temp ranges you might operate in.Hope this helps Kwoozii.
Old 11-27-2001, 14:42   #6 (permalink)
European Ford Member

Thumbs up

Yeah thats great,thanks a lot for that.I found this forum on the Ford Focus newsgroup and thought I'd give it a try - and I'm glad I did!!
As for the stereo,I got that sorted.Went to my local Ford dealer who took it out for nothing - using a dedicated Ford tool - and after I bought the conversion kit (after the dealer gave me a Mondeo one instead of the Fiesta one he gave me by mistake first) the new stereo just slipped in,and sounds great aswell!!.
Thanks again for your help.
Laters,

Kwozzii
Old 11-27-2001, 14:57   #7 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

No probs mate.Glad it all worked out for you.Thanks for letting me know how you found us as we are hoping to get lots of European car people here as well to chat with us.Keep spreading the word and enjoy posting at our site.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:39   #8 (permalink)

The Ford stereo that comes with mondeos is renowned for being crap!
Good decision to replace it!

monkeyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 13:58   #9 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: Mondeo GLX 1.8 TD

Hi there iwas wondering if anyone could tell me where the fuse is fo the mondeo 1995 model. I have found the one in the engine bay however all the fuses are fine and i am still getting no power to the unit. Could you pls adv me if there is another fise box in the 1995 modeo anywhere and if so which fuse it is as i do not have a service manual for the car .

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-22-2006, 07:15   #10 (permalink)

Re: Mondeo GLX 1.8 TD

15 w 40 grade diesel oil
mondeo man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar