No air to feet / face - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2003, 14:17   #1 (permalink)

No air to feet / face

Just bought a Mondeo 1.8 TD (1994) and noticed the air is blowing to demist no matter what position the dial is set at.....

I know it was working fine before driving it home and now it is not.....

I have had a read of the threads and it seems you folks keep mentioning hose problems - is it likely to be something as simple as a hose gone astray? If so where do I start looking? (I have driven Volvos all my life and can strip them down with my eyes closed but Fords ??? Not a clue)

TIA
MrTox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2003, 12:48   #2 (permalink)

frown

Can anyone advise me where to start looking or do I have to strip the whole dash area out?
MrTox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 00:11   #3 (permalink)

The direction control is fed by vacuum fom the inlet manifold, first trace the pipe through the bulkhead and make sure it's attached both ends.
Second check the pollen filter, these can severely reduce air flow when blocked. You'll need the n/s scuttle trim off to access it.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:53   #4 (permalink)

fixing air flow problem

i had the same problem in my car and found out it was as simple as connecting the dail back up. If you lay on your back on the floor of the driver side of your vehicle looking up, you should be able to see the steering column. if you look more to the left you will see what looks like a round silver piece with a black stick coming out of the center, which connects to a flat triangle piece. Both pieces have should be unconnected. if this all confuses you, have some one else turn the dail on panel while you look up under the dash. you will see the black stick moving up and down. this operates the flow of air to floor, panel, or defrost. hope this works for you did for me.
attewode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar