Ford Forums banner

Starting Problem and Check Engine Light

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  svtsurfer98 
#1 ·
:givebeer: I own a Ford Contour SVT for about a year now. Since i have bought the vehicle i installed a ram air intake system, ford racing wires (blue), NGK double platinum spark plugs, and a brass waterpump. One day my battery was so corroded that the positive cable just broke of the battery therefore i replaced them with brand new cables to the starter along with a new battery. Somedays when i start the car it makes a noise like the car is already on when i turn the ignition key, and somedays i turn the ignintion and the car just turns once and doesnt turn on again at all. Wait for a little while about 15 mins try again then it will turn on. Checked all the wires to the starter and everythings on tight cant put my finger on what is causing this problem. I even took off the starter and tested it and its still good, even lubricated it and put back on. It didnt do it for a while but then slowly it started back up again. If anybody has any feedback or experienced a similar problem like this one let me your opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.