Ford Forums banner

Is there a Telstar club?

12K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  jrowe60 
#1 ·
Hi people,

I was wondering if there was a Telstar club in Australia at all? My boyfriend is part of the EA club and he's going on a club rally and they meet up and work on their cars. I thought it would be good to start up one for all of the Telstar owners, as we seem to get lost a bit cos really, they're not Fords. But I love mine and if there is not a club but other people are interested in starting up one too, then let me know! :bsr:

Thanx, Briar

#2 ·
Hey there Briar,

mx6.com is the TX5/Telstar/626/mx6 (not in that particular order) club. As you know our cars are just rebadged/ slightly different 626's. Anyway join up there and hop on the australian forum and introduce yourself. There's always alot of support if anything goes wrong with our cars coz they're all the same.

Cya

Pete

(Same username on MX6.com)

#3 ·
Hey,
I probably float more around here then on MX6 but i've found that MX6, Mazda626.net and probetalk are all full of information about the engine in the 92-97 Telstars. I'm driving around in a 1992 Telstar TX5 Ghia with the 2.5L v6 engine.
Done the exhaust, picking up K+N air filter tomorrow, looking at doing flywheel and TB upgrade within the next couple of weeks. From there, not sure where. But i'm always looking to get a little more out of the car, so any ideas let me know.

Cheers,
Luke
aka lukewalters (mx6, mazda626)

#8 ·
just checked out your car on cardomain DVS....it looks nice man, the rims suit it well, and i like the interior mods...the orange with the silver dash surround looks great :hy:

i wanna get some neon lighting in my interior (2 under front footwells and 2 under the drivers seats) but havent got around to it yet...i was tossing up between red and blue, and your pics may have decided for me.

the only red neons ive seen look pinkish....so i wouldnt want that. and although the car is red, i think blue would look good inside

also, i read about the tv's etc you wanna put in....big plans you've got....would love to see it all finished so make sure you dig this thread up again and ill go over to ur site and check out ur new pics :hy:

#12 ·
ninety_sixer said:
Hey,
I probably float more around here then on MX6 but i've found that MX6, Mazda626.net and probetalk are all full of information about the engine in the 92-97 Telstars. I'm driving around in a 1992 Telstar TX5 Ghia with the 2.5L v6 engine.
Done the exhaust, picking up K+N air filter tomorrow, looking at doing flywheel and TB upgrade within the next couple of weeks. From there, not sure where. But i'm always looking to get a little more out of the car, so any ideas let me know.

Cheers,
Luke
aka lukewalters (mx6, mazda626)
Hi there,

i currently have a '92 tx5 ghia 2.5l, its the family car. Anyway the Powerchip Gold 98 is the go, adds about 20kw power but the increase in the torque and the range is what did it for me, (being manual transmission). Costs only about $ 700, me thinks it not a bad investment, dont worry about the throttle body mod, to much pain for very little gain.
Anyways that's me bit.

Cheers,
Stephen ( xie67 )

#24 ·
Hi there,

i currently have a '92 tx5 ghia 2.5l, its the family car. Anyway the Powerchip Gold 98 is the go, adds about 20kw power but the increase in the torque and the range is what did it for me, (being manual transmission). Costs only about $ 700, me thinks it not a bad investment, dont worry about the throttle body mod, to much pain for very little gain.
Anyways that's me bit.

Cheers,
Stephen ( xie67 )
Hello Stephen,
I hope this club / forum still exists.
I inherited this car from a recently deceased long time friend of mine .
It's a 1993 one owner FORD TX5 GHIA 4WS AX HATCH BACK 2.5 LITRE FUEL INJECTED V6 139,000 klms
RWC AND REGISTERED.
THIS CAR IS IN ALMOST MINT CONDITON .
THE OWNER WAS A METICULOUS AND FASTIdious former lead motor mechanic at Duhig ford and truly cared for his car
Could someone provide a approx valuation for this car .
I already have a LEXUS CT200 SPORTS and dont need a second car .
T I A .

Anyways that's me bit.

Cheers,
Stephen ( xie67 )
Hello Stephen

#14 ·
darock said:
hi there,

does anyone know what the password is for the radio - telstar tx5
we just bought a used one and cant seem to work out radio - instruction manual says u have to put in 4 digit password - does anyone know what this is??

greatly appreciated??

thanx
THE RADIO CODE IS SPECIFICT TO YOUR UNIT , THERE IS NO GENERAL CODE
WHAT TPYE IS THE HEAD UNIT ?
WHAT YEAR IS YOUR TX5 ?
MAYBE REPLACE THE HEAD UNIT HEY...........COST YOU $20-30 BUCKS TO GET CODE FROM RADIO AT A GOOD REPAIR SHOP.......WHATS YOUR LOCATION.

#15 ·
darock said:
hi there,

we just bought a used one and cant seem to work out radio - instruction manual says u have to put in 4 digit password - does anyone know what this is??

greatly appreciated??

thanx
Why don't you just ring Ford and ask them?

#17 ·
darock said:
hi there,

greatly appreciated??

thanx
I just bought my second telstar yesterday. The radio needed a code, so I went to the local ford dealer and showed them the book and rego papers to prove it's mine & they look it up on the ford database using the VIN/Chassis number.

Hope that helps

MV.

#18 ·
xie67 said:
i currently have a '92 tx5 ghia 2.5l
I love those telstars, always wanted to have one, but cant afford it
But i did see a nice '94 model tx5 Ghia V6 for $2,500 but it was an Auto and the 3rd and 4th gear was stuffed in it (thats why its so cheap), i figured it would be too expensive to get it fixed or converted to manual so i left it at that.

#19 ·
i realise how old this thread is but i only jus joind today. tx5 club would be great, i've thought of it many a time myself. i know there'd be a lot of interest cos i know a heap of guys (and gurlz) with tx5's. would be good to get a club going, and website. if anyone's interested, i mean seriously interested, plz post a reply. i've been wanting to start up a TX5 Club ever since i got my 88 a year ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.