TX5 Ghia V6 Drone
I have an AX TX5 Ghia V6. I have done just under 100,000 KM and have had the 100K service and will be getting the timing belt changed shortly. Recently I have noticed a drone, most apparent while slowing down. It doesn't appear to be dependant on gear selected or related to engine speed. Any ideas what it would be?
Secondly, I have been measuring fuel consumption and it runs at around 15l per 100K. Bad! Official figures around town are around 10 which I expect to be optimistic but not that optimistic? What could be causing this as I am not pushing it that hard.
Otherwise it is a great car! I love the growl of the engine and it is really tight in the body.
- Barra 182 - 4.0 DOHC 24 Valve Inline 6
- Barra 220 - 5.4 SOHC 24 Valve V8
- Barra 240T - 4.0 DOHC 24 Valve Turbo Charged Inline 6
- Boss 260 - 5.4 DOHC 32 Valve V8
- Boss 290 - 5.4 DOHC 32 Valve V8