UK:Mondeo ST TDCi - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:54   #1 (permalink)

UK:Mondeo ST TDCi

Hot Mondeo Dervs Up A Treat

by Mat Watson
Auto Express

Here's the car that will put a smile on the faces of sales reps and their fleet managers. Or at least it will next year!

This is Ford's new oil-burning Mondeo ST TDCi - but bizarrely, considering its core market, its diesel engine will not comply with Euro IV emissions rules until 2005, leaving company drivers facing a three per cent tax penalty.

"We wanted to get it on the market as soon as possible, because the model also has a large following among private buyers," a Ford spokeswoman said.

From the outside, the ST TDCi is virtually identical to the 3.0-litre V6 petrol ST220 - the only difference being a single rear tailpipe and the badging. Inside, however, the newcomer - also available as a hatch or estate - has its own unique trim, with part-leather sports seats.

At the heart of the car beats an all-new 2.2-litre common-rail turbodiesel engine, which powers the front wheels via a six-speed manual box. Its 155bhp can propel the oil-burner from 0-60mph in 8.7 seconds. And although that is slower than its petrol cousin, the TDCi returns an impressive 43.6mpg and has a CO2 figure of 151g/km.

Prices start from 21,830, which includes tuned suspension for sharp handling. Buyers looking for comfort might prefer the Ghia X, costing 22,030.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar