Ford Forums banner

Wipers, dash and blower working with key OUT!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ndcrane1971 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Had a funny thing earlier tonight - should challenge some of you bods out there!!!!!

Neighbour knocks the door and tells me that the hazard lights were on. So I went downstairs and checked ......they weren't actually on; the alarm had gone off.

Now I was right above the window when the alarm must of gone off but i couldn't/didn't hear any noise!!

I reset the alarm/car and carried on working but it went off several more times - i could just about hear it from the front now i was expecting it.

I opened the car and looked at the dash and was rather perturbed to see some of the lights on the dashboard on - the key was in my hand NOT THE IGNITION!!

The lights (airbag and ABS ones) were just about visible, but flickering.

I turned the ignition on, started the car and when for a quick drive - everything seemed OK.

I got back home, took the key out and the lights were still faintly on but I also noticed that when I took the key out, the petrol gauge moved from ~1/4 full to ~1/2 full.

I went back into the house to answer the phone and then my better-half told me that the wipers had just activated - again the key was IN MY HAND.

I went back out to the car and found that I could now also operate the wipers and the blower with the key still in my hand. The lights were also brighter than before.

So for now I have disconnected the battery but am a little concerned at what is happening.

If I was superstitious, I'm thinking that this would be one hell of a poltergeist!

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

Neil

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.