Yippee! but still probs with my Mondeo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar Forum for discussion of the Ford Contour, Ford Mondeo, Mercury Mystique and Ford Telstar

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18   #1 (permalink)

Yippee! but still probs with my Mondeo

Well, at last my 95/M Mondeo Estate is running on all 4 cylinders and purring nicely, all thanks to a changed ECU. a Big thank you to all who had an input on this, especially FORDTECH.

I have a couple of very minor issues now. The main one being that the Parking Brake/Brake Fluid Warning Light and Oil Pressure Warning Lights are NOT coming on when the key is first turned into aux as they are supposed to. I have checked the bulbs and the Connections on the switches but can see nothing amiss, If it was a fuse i would expect more dash lights not to work. Any one got any suggestions on how to fix this prob.

Cheers
lostway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 14:20   #2 (permalink)

Re: Yippee! but still probs with my Mondeo

Result! Nice to get feedback, most people post once and disappear with the answer.
The warning lights could be linked or seperate concerns. Go to the master cylinder cap and see if you have black and black/yellow wires. If so, bridge them together, switch on the ignition and the handbrake warning light should come on, report back.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:42   #3 (permalink)

Bridged Black and yellow/black, but the light did not come on, i'm lost as to what could be wrong!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:44   #4 (permalink)

Ok cluster now needs to come out to check if there's an earth up to it down the same (black/white) wire. If so the faults in the cluster; if not, you've lost the wire somewhere, but with there being a fault also on the oil light it's highly likely to be the former.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:04   #5 (permalink)

Gonna sound stupid here, are we talking about the DashBoard cluster ( eg speedo etc ) and are we saying i need to check that Black/white wire is going to Earth and if its the cluster is there anything i can do about it?

Cheers
Old 08-17-2007, 22:34   #6 (permalink)

After a bit of investigation i've come to the conclusion i'm stoopid coz when i checked all wires on back of Instrument cluster, nothing appeared amiss but i thought i would double check the bulbs and lo and behold putting the two offending bulbs with a fresh earth and live they DIDN'T work. D'oh!!!. The handbrake light now works absolutely fine with a new bulb but the oil pressure warning light still does not come on with the initial turn of the key ( am i correct in assuming it is supposed to come on for 2-3 secs then go out if they is sufficient pressure? ). So all in all they aren't linked and its not the cluster ( thankfully! ) just me being stoopid ( feel rather embarrassed to be honest ) where would i find the sensor for the oil pressure and how would i check it?

Many Thanks
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33   #7 (permalink)

When you said you'd checked the bulbs, I thought you meant you'd... never mind. Ok, oil light switch is on the back of the engine (bit of a pain to do) its single wire needs to be put to earth which should bring on the light; if so you'll need a new switch, which you may also find is leaking oil.
BTW oil light will come on in position II and stay on until the engine is started.
Old 08-18-2007, 22:41   #8 (permalink)

Cheers for the help FordTech, as goes the bulbs, when i initially posted i honestly thought i had checked them, obviously getting forgetful as i get older! ( i'm only early 30's!!! ) When weather is a little better will try and find Oil pressure switch and have a look.

Again cheers for the help
Old 08-22-2007, 05:50   #9 (permalink)

Spot on once again FordTech, Earthed the Oil pressure cable and the light came on, therefore new switch required, any easy (easier ) way of doing this as it is a right awkward position?

ManyThanks
Old 08-22-2007, 11:11   #10 (permalink)

Yer, it's 'orrible even on a 2-poster ramp, really needs a deep 1/2 drive socket, short extension and ratchet, from under the car ideally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Contour | Ford Mondeo | Mercury Mystique | Ford Telstar