GTP V Typhoon. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2005, 03:37   #1 (permalink)

GTP V Typhoon.

Well, ive been pondering this for some time.. Its finally come to a head... Im doing far more Turbo falcons then i am N/A gt and xr8's... Ive decided to think for my business development and not with my heart. I want my own Typhoon like i did my own XR6T so i can play and play and play and get the apsolute max out of my customers cars,

I cant have both.. The GTP and the Typhoon. So i have one of the hardest choices to make possible.. I had started a huge project with the GTP and have just decided that well.... its just not worth it. The Typhoon how ever.. well i know there are alot of other establishments that are already doing things with these cars but i dont care....

What are you guys thoughts on it all?
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005, 03:51   #2 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Re: GTP V Typhoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Well, ive been pondering this for some time.. Its finally come to a head... Im doing far more Turbo falcons then i am N/A gt and xr8's... Ive decided to think for my business development and not with my heart. I want my own Typhoon like i did my own XR6T so i can play and play and play and get the apsolute max out of my customers cars,

I cant have both.. The GTP and the Typhoon. So i have one of the hardest choices to make possible.. I had started a huge project with the GTP and have just decided that well.... its just not worth it. The Typhoon how ever.. well i know there are alot of other establishments that are already doing things with these cars but i dont care....

What are you guys thoughts on it all?
Simple mate!!! Its 2005 and time to go with the F6

You know which will win in the end and besides the F6 has the Gbox and clutch to match the power you can squeeze out of the F6 unlike the GT which will never handle it in its current form.
Although I will say now that the MKIII will have the F6 Clutch

Ask yourself a couple of questions:
How much time and money etc have you spent on the GT to get into the 13 sec?
Then how much time and money did you spend on the XR6T to get into the 12's with your first drive?

Simple decision and the F6 can come with all the bells and whistles the GT has apart from the bulge and you get one of them every time you pass a GT

Seriously though I had trouble parting with my T3 but after having this for a month I would never go back even if she aint quite tuned yet!!
It also doesn’t have the exhaust note but the tyre ripping noise makes up for that well and truly.
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:26   #3 (permalink)

Better get in quick and get your new plates ordered.

RIP-GTP
Old 06-27-2005, 06:53   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache
Better get in quick and get your new plates ordered.

RIP-GTP

lol funny fuker
Old 06-27-2005, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
Previously Black XR

i saw 2 things in the previous posts that tell the story

no bonnet bulge
no V8 exhaust note

i know what that tells me

have you tried putting a turbo on a GT yet.....
Old 06-27-2005, 17:05   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT
i saw 2 things in the previous posts that tell the story

no bonnet bulge
no V8 exhaust note

i know what that tells me

have you tried putting a turbo on a GT yet.....
i have a pair of snails here for it right now... BUT from a business point of view.. realisticly its not worth it.. It will be great for me...... BUT not for my business... The wow factor wont be as good as it will be to have a 500 rwhp typhoon.

Not to mention.... The model for the BA will be out sooner then you think. I think i could handle having that.... The worst thing is.. Blood Orange is the best colour they ever made... and its no more. WHY OH WHY CANT I HAVE BOTH!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:05   #7 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
i have a pair of snails here for it right now... BUT from a business point of view.. realisticly its not worth it.. It will be great for me...... BUT not for my business... The wow factor wont be as good as it will be to have a 500 rwhp typhoon.

Not to mention.... The model for the BA will be out sooner then you think. I think i could handle having that.... The worst thing is.. Blood Orange is the best colour they ever made... and its no more. WHY OH WHY CANT I HAVE BOTH!
They still make Mandarin (till October!), Which i think is nicer than blood orange! (coming from a Mandarin owner!!! )

Mate, from an outsiders perspective, what you are doing with the edit software really is remarkable, and the results speak for themselves. If you check every result you have had with tuning, the Turbo 6 technology really lends itself to edit tuning. Every tuning factor with the 6T's has a massive amount of improvement over the Boss engines.

While some will say "What about the bulge?" and "the Boss V8 growl!" Fact of the matter is, you are selling technology, experience and research time. If you were selling mandrel bent pipes or body kits, then by all means, keep the GTP.

Your business is selling modified software, and from all accounts the best modified software in the entire country. Use this to its full capacity, and get yourself the best possible car to promote the best possible software.

I'd be getting the Typhoon if i were you, the toughest choice is to get one now, or wait for the 6 speed auto in October!

Get the plates- XPHOON!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:42   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
They still make Mandarin (till October!), Which i think is nicer than blood orange! (coming from a Mandarin owner!!! )

Mate, from an outsiders perspective, what you are doing with the edit software really is remarkable, and the results speak for themselves. If you check every result you have had with tuning, the Turbo 6 technology really lends itself to edit tuning. Every tuning factor with the 6T's has a massive amount of improvement over the Boss engines.

While some will say "What about the bulge?" and "the Boss V8 growl!" Fact of the matter is, you are selling technology, experience and research time. If you were selling mandrel bent pipes or body kits, then by all means, keep the GTP.

Your business is selling modified software, and from all accounts the best modified software in the entire country. Use this to its full capacity, and get yourself the best possible car to promote the best possible software.

I'd be getting the Typhoon if i were you, the toughest choice is to get one now, or wait for the 6 speed auto in October!

Get the plates- XPHOON!
Pic up the phoon @ 5.00 pm tomorrow danno

Decided not to trade the GTP, gunna try sell it private first
Old 06-28-2005, 03:27   #9 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

I have heard from another repuatable tuner here in vic, the only reason you like the turbo is, you now have an excuse to carry your hair dryer around with you

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:47   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I have heard from another repuatable tuner here in vic, the only reason you like the turbo is, you now have an excuse to carry your hair dryer around with you

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning