My Saturday in the Phoon. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2005, 09:26   #1 (permalink)

My Saturday in the Phoon.

Well what a day, Firstly it started out with a drive to have a cave tour with the kids and family, Then we came home and the Phoon just ran perfectly, 13.5 l to the hundred in the city and the onto the open road... criusing in 6th overtaking at 120 it went down to 11.5 and then we got home. :( over so quick... then it became night time ... talked the misses into just the 2 of us going for a criuse.. The F6 has a 400 rwhp (300rwkw) Map in it atm so its kinda pokey. got a little bit of get up and go ... We get into the city.. cruise to freo... On the way back... have a ricer pull up next to us along leach hwy... next minute hes tooting his horn 3 times and i think.. HEY ive heard of this in the USA.. next minute its on like donkey kong... The phoon.. well what can i say... Left this noisy little turbo (thing) nfi what it was in its dust.. Then we hit the freeway....

i stayed in fourth from 3000 rpm and just buried it...thats what enough to pull 4 car lenghts within seconds...

Man...... I LOVE THIS CAR..... Regret has dissapeared... These cars are just amazing... Thats my saturday ... :)
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2005, 14:20   #2 (permalink)

biggrin Re: My Saturday in the Phoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Well what a day, Firstly it started out with a drive to have a cave tour with the kids and family, Then we came home and the Phoon just ran perfectly, 13.5 l to the hundred in the city and the onto the open road... criusing in 6th overtaking at 120 it went down to 11.5 and then we got home. :( over so quick... then it became night time ... talked the misses into just the 2 of us going for a criuse.. The F6 has a 400 rwhp (300rwkw) Map in it atm so its kinda pokey. got a little bit of get up and go ... We get into the city.. cruise to freo... On the way back... have a ricer pull up next to us along leach hwy... next minute hes tooting his horn 3 times and i think.. HEY ive heard of this in the USA.. next minute its on like donkey kong... The phoon.. well what can i say... Left this noisy little turbo (thing) nfi what it was in its dust.. Then we hit the freeway....

i stayed in fourth from 3000 rpm and just buried it...thats what enough to pull 4 car lenghts within seconds...

Man...... I LOVE THIS CAR..... Regret has dissapeared... These cars are just amazing... Thats my saturday ... :)
Simon,

Mate good to see you have fully converted. When all the carry on was going on in the early months of this year, before Ford provided the clutch fix and the reflash, there were so many people on the forums saying how disappointed they were about the typhoon. There were a few of us actual owners saying.... ok they might not be rockets on the drag strip but boy they they are just perfect as a long distance Cruiser. I put on a post about a trip my son and I did to Albany over the christmas hols. Like all the magazine reviews say the in gear acceleration of these cars is superb. And THAT was the standard car.

Of course with an Xtreme phoon you can have your Cake and eat it .
She is still a beautiful long distance cruiser AND a rocket when you need her.

I am not trying to bag the GT boys, they are beautiful cars with so much Heritage behind them and I would love to own one as well, but I am not a Lotto winner but the way I see it is the GT's invoke the reaction WOW.... look at that! where the Typhoon at the moment (especially if its been Xtremed) the reaction is WOW ..... wtf was that!

Welcome to the phoonatic clan mate it just gets better and better

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:13   #3 (permalink)

biggrin Re: My Saturday in the Phoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330

Simon,
By the way, what was that noisy little turbo thing? Give the Falcon 22lbs of boost, those little turbos are no go!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:54   #4 (permalink)

Re: My Saturday in the Phoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Simon,
By the way, what was that noisy little turbo thing? Give the Falcon 22lbs of boost, those little turbos are no go!
Phantom,

Bloody hell mate they are as scary as shiet with 15lbs boost :)

But you know Simon

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning