The next step - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 23:29   #1 (permalink)

The next step

Simon,

just wondering how my girl is going?. And thanks for the lift to the airport in your extreme phoon........ hell after that little ride the qantas jet seemed a little boring.... it did not have anyway near the lift your girl has.

It looks like I am going to be stuck here in SA with a crumpledoor hire car for a week ........ cant wait to get back to my new and improved girl.

cheers

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2005, 00:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: The next step

what are you getting done mate?
Phoontastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 18:37   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Simon,

just wondering how my girl is going?. And thanks for the lift to the airport in your extreme phoon........ hell after that little ride the qantas jet seemed a little boring.... it did not have anyway near the lift your girl has.

It looks like I am going to be stuck here in SA with a crumpledoor hire car for a week ........ cant wait to get back to my new and improved girl.

cheers

Peter
you boost junkies are unbelievable! when is enough ever enough for you guys?! Great to hear Peter- would love a ride in her when she's done- Simon won't let me near his...... hahahaha (seriously, he won't)
Old 12-01-2005, 21:40   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoontastic
what are you getting done mate?
I am getting the battery relocated to the boot to make way for a pod and direct feed to the turbo, then he will be putting on a higher flow dump, cat etc then a tune.

Am keen as mustard to see what this does to improve the power, and hopefully giver her a deeper and more menacing note. Trouble is I wont be back to play with her for a week

oh well I know it will all be good.

Jim,

your right! once you have been boosted...its like a drug......I swear mate we were on the way to the airport in his beast and he gave her a tickle in third.... and hell I thought we were going to lift off........ moments like those makes me forget all about that lovely V8 rumble..

Although I have to tell you mate.... at the AFF dyno day it was a hoot when they put my girl on the Dyno after all the loud V8's..... as she was just idling we were all standing at the back of the workshop.... and the V8 boys were giving me (good natured) shit about how quiet she is......"You sure thay got her turned on?"... and " I can't hear you!!!!"....... but then they prodded her and she went into "angry mode".....wooohoooo that was the first time I have seen her on the rollers screaming.......F***king lovely.... and the best part was when the run was over........ the V8 boys were just standing there...... like stunned mullets......... how sweet it was .

But seriously I had a good day and met some good blokes, even some old farts like me there, and a young SS owner that was almost human

Anytime you want to take my girl for a spin just let me know mate.... she's not as feral as Simon's....... but she's does put out

cheers

Peter
Old 12-04-2005, 18:17   #5 (permalink)

Aussie, how did u go on the dyno mate??

I was going to head up but had a few work dramas unfortunatly.
Old 12-04-2005, 22:48   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache
Aussie, how did u go on the dyno mate??

I was going to head up but had a few work dramas unfortunatly.
Mate,

was a very strange result. I got 284 rwkw but then eveything went pear shaped, the torque curve climbed like a rocket to 800nm then collapsed. I was talking to Simon about it and he reckons the rear wheels just started slipping at that point.... that is she was not strapped down properly.

Anyway it was enough to blow all the V8 boys away...... so I am happy .

The best thing about the whole day was to meet up with some fellow rev heads.... even a couple of old farts like me..... one bloke John with his super pursuit was a blast... could tell that he was just in love with her...... bloody great to see..... and a young bloke with his SS..... ssBUB was good to meet up with him.....even if he was from the dark side. The best thing was the first time seeing me girl in "angry mode" from the outside....... after the first run...... the V8 boys were just standing there like stunned mullets..... god I wish I had a camera.... it was all good!

I had a great time...... then again I just love the rumble and get high on the fumes....

can hardly wait to see what Simon has done to her when I get back

cheers

Peter
Old 12-05-2005, 00:31   #7 (permalink)

I had the same experience.

You will find the torque curve follows the boost curve. If you can get another graph of it done ( boost ) or get one of Simons graphs he has done, have a squiz. You will see the boost smashes near vertical, then peters down. Identical to your torque curve and identical to how it drives on the road. Fairly peaky to drive isn't it? Roars up to 4000rpm.. If you mash the pedal @ 4000 rpm, there aint much left in the tank.

If boost gets held for longer, you find the power holds it's 'tail' up on the graph too, with peak power arriving a bit later in the rpm range and your torque curve being more linear.

A fat, linear torque curve demonstrates a V8 with very linear power delivery, as you would have seen on every XR8 or SS on the dyno. Steady torque curve, steady power curve, steady acceleration!!!!

In a National comp I doubt it wasn't tied down properly. They had mine rock steady @ 300rwkw with knackered tyres. They have the tie down points in the centre of the dyno too.. different day, hot weather, who knows??

Still, 800 Nm is not to be sneezed at!!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:03   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I had the same experience.

You will find the torque curve follows the boost curve. If you can get another graph of it done ( boost ) or get one of Simons graphs he has done, have a squiz. You will see the boost smashes near vertical, then peters down. Identical to your torque curve and identical to how it drives on the road. Fairly peaky to drive isn't it? Roars up to 4000rpm.. If you mash the pedal @ 4000 rpm, there aint much left in the tank.

If boost gets held for longer, you find the power holds it's 'tail' up on the graph too, with peak power arriving a bit later in the rpm range and your torque curve being more linear.

A fat, linear torque curve demonstrates a V8 with very linear power delivery, as you would have seen on every XR8 or SS on the dyno. Steady torque curve, steady power curve, steady acceleration!!!!

In a National comp I doubt it wasn't tied down properly. They had mine rock steady @ 300rwkw with knackered tyres. They have the tie down points in the centre of the dyno too.. different day, hot weather, who knows??

Still, 800 Nm is not to be sneezed at!!
when torque goes up then comes down then goes flatens out again its turning the tyres. They dont have the means to tie them down the way we have have to now tie down the sedans with the amount of torque that is being made. Mine wasnt tied down correctly at the ame show with the Dyno DYnamics guy over viewing when my car broke 3 straps. Get the car back on the same dyno as they used eddies dyno for the show and re tied it down with the correct methods and it picked up 40 rwhp. Utes dont really suffer as they are live axle. Cant compare utes with sedans.

Docs, mine, Petes all leave spider webs of rubber over the quaters when ever i use them on the dyno.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:53   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6

Docs, mine, Petes all leave spider webs of rubber over the quaters when ever i use them on the dyno.

Mine, Tornados' and now Petes' all dropped kw on *** dyno. I thought turning tyres was indicative of 'chatter' on the graph, not a general slope of dropping torque??

Show me a torque curve that doesn't follow a boost curve?? Show me a car that doesn't accelerate or behave the same as it's torque curve.

*** have brand new rollers too.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:04   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Mine, Tornados' and now Petes' all dropped kw on *** dyno. I thought turning tyres was indicative of 'chatter' on the graph, not a general slope of dropping torque??

Show me a torque curve that doesn't follow a boost curve?? Show me a car that doesn't accelerate or behave the same as it's torque curve.

*** have brand new rollers too.
Not going to arque over it with you ben, Peters nor yours had been dynoed after i added in the last couple of fixes for the fuel curve ect so the power could possibly have been down, i dont know, I do know i use one dyno and one only i dont care what others read as long as the one i use repeats im happy as it shows me whats going on. If you dont think that they are turning the tyres it doesnt bother me.

WHen tyres loose traction load of the engine drops off, boost drops off torque drops off. My car will drop 3 pounds boost when it breaks traction on the dyno. When we get it to hook up in increases 3 pounds.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning