Tornado at wsid - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 15:51   #1 (permalink)

Tornado at wsid

I have been offered to drive a mates tornado at wsid at a private day in april. It has an aps stage 2 kit in it with around 280-290rwkw. t will be driven on the track the way it is on the street with hardcover & street tyres afaik.

This will be the first time I have ever been to the drags & am wondering how people who have these & have had them on the strip what was the best way to launch them? because it is totally different to my pursuit 250.

It is a ba 6sp manual. It will be the factory street tyres at street pressures. (we are about 3hrs one way from wsid).
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 20:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: Tornado at wsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
I have been offered to drive a mates tornado at wsid at a private day in april. It has an aps stage 2 kit in it with around 280-290rwkw. t will be driven on the track the way it is on the street with hardcover & street tyres afaik.

This will be the first time I have ever been to the drags & am wondering how people who have these & have had them on the strip what was the best way to launch them? because it is totally different to my pursuit 250.

It is a ba 6sp manual. It will be the factory street tyres at street pressures. (we are about 3hrs one way from wsid).
Mate with the amount of torque turbos put out me personally would just drive it off the line low revs (1800rpm max take in account where the boost comes on) and each pass after slowly give it a litttle more revs each pass (100rpm) to see where she starts to go wild (ie blow the tyres away) just rember as little wheel spin as possible well at the start atleast once that torque kicks in you can kiss them tyres goodby. The amount of T6's Ive seen at WSID with similar power just frying there street tyres most of the way down the strip and scratching there heads wondering how to get some traction lol.
Good luck definate challenge
Lowride260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 23:21   #3 (permalink)

Re: Tornado at wsid

Hey Nat is the Typhoon going down aswell?
Might need another steerer hey?
Have you been cutting my grass? I thought I'd done enough to impress Mick with my quick gear changes.
Shane
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Xtreme Ford Tuning