Is the sct flasher detectable? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU > Custom Chip Tuning
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2005, 01:05   #1 (permalink)

Is the sct flasher detectable?

Hi all,
just browsing through all my ford sites and came across a post about a guy who has had his edit detected, this is his post:

QUOTE//
I agree the edit is superior to piggyback BUT

The stealth bit is crap -

Go ask Ford, SCT, Herrod, Capa, or any Ford Dealer to give you an explanation of error code 1205.

Most dealers don't know shit from clay - but go ask, then come back and tell us all what they have to say.

Here i will spare you the effort - "The ECU has had an aftermarket program installed onto it".

OR if you got a dyno tune - yes thats detectable too.

They can even detect whether it was CAPA or Herrod!

If you want more power (other than CAI), you do your warranty!
Edit = more power, Yes. Stealth - BULLSHIT!

END QUOTE//

Anyway, i was / am saving for this edit, but now im a little bit worried as i was told that it was %100 undetectable.

Anyone?

Cheers
Jim
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2005, 02:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: Is the sct flasher detectable?

lol Jim, would or could you please elaberate a little more. Because i can tell you, It throws no error code.

And also, does that mean they can tell if i tued it or someone else, cos thats all the differnece is between the herrod and the capa, is a sticker on the box......
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 03:30   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
lol Jim, would or could you please elaberate a little more. Because i can tell you, It throws no error code.

And also, does that mean they can tell if i tued it or someone else, cos thats all the differnece is between the herrod and the capa, is a sticker on the box......
I cant elaborate as i didnt post it, it was in the ff.au forums and was quite suprised by it as well, its in the xr6t and fpv typhoon sub forum, and the thread is called "ford flash box".

Cheers
Jim
Old 05-08-2005, 17:47   #4 (permalink)

And here is his next post, seems pretty confidant to me. SCT??

QUOTE//

apart from the fact that i can right now prove the trade practise breaches by CAPA and Herrod with these codes, and a stack of other research, what else can i tell you...

If you had read my posts, you would see what i am stating here is not just bullshit, its fact and fiction from learning a lesson the hard way!

Now, seeings you all have doubt, someone with a tuner, flash it back to stock, and go to a dealer (any dealer) and get the code 1205.

Now (sorry to be rude), go and someone do it - prove me wrong!
I dare the lot of you!, cos i am right! The fact that they can detect the brand of tuner used, is mind boggling, how, well who knows...??

Quite honestly i don't doubt capa and herrod denying this, who wouldn't as the ass in hot water factor is phenominal.
But as i said, if you flash, go to the dealer and get your ecu checked, it will be there.
There is all the proof you need and you can see it for yourself!
END QUOTE//

And another post,

QUOTE//

Ok, Take piggy backs out of the equation.

When you use a flash tuner, and get a dyno tune, ECU creates codes to state its being fiddled, altered, whatever you want to call it.

I at first thought, yeah that makes sense, swap programs over who could tell - you beauty. Christ o'mighty worst decision i made.

These error codes come straight from the ECU, nothing else needs to be done to generate them, other than use a SCT, Herrod, Capa flash tuner.
Once this code comes up in ECU - bye bye warranty (or hard time with the driveline), If you do injectors, zorst, CAI too - gone!

1205 comes straight from the ECU once you use a flash tuner.

1205 indicates its a herrod tuner.
1206 indicates a Capa tuner.

Anyone who claims they are stealth is absolute bullshit and a liar.
Anyone who thinks they can get it, have motor / driveline failure, then flash back to stock (whether it be a week or month before), is kidding themselves.
Sorry to be so harsh, but its so true.
Anyone who has flashed, flash to stock, get it to a dealer, get the ecu codes out, and look for these two, believe me they will be there. Just don't let the dealer send them on.....
END QUOTE//

Cheers
Jim
Old 05-08-2005, 19:53   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

I have an SCT tune in my wifes Cobra. I can test this theory out come monday morning.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 20:05   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

In all honesty this does sound suss.

I have done a bit of research and can say that 1205, 1206 error codes are non existent in BA falcons. Even if you include one of the correct prefixs, no such codes.

I personally feel that this is nothing more than a few bad words spread by a few competitors of dealers that sell Edit, which are trying to drum up some negative advertising against them.
Old 05-08-2005, 22:19   #7 (permalink)

Well put mate, i agree
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 01:03   #8 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyjim
Hi all,
just browsing through all my ford sites and came across a post about a guy who has had his edit detected, this is his post:

QUOTE//
I agree the edit is superior to piggyback BUT

The stealth bit is crap -

Go ask Ford, SCT, Herrod, Capa, or any Ford Dealer to give you an explanation of error code 1205.

Most dealers don't know shit from clay - but go ask, then come back and tell us all what they have to say.

Here i will spare you the effort - "The ECU has had an aftermarket program installed onto it".

OR if you got a dyno tune - yes thats detectable too.

They can even detect whether it was CAPA or Herrod!

If you want more power (other than CAI), you do your warranty!
Edit = more power, Yes. Stealth - BULLSHIT!

END QUOTE//

Anyway, i was / am saving for this edit, but now im a little bit worried as i was told that it was %100 undetectable.

Anyone?

Cheers
Jim
I have'nt read all of this thread yet but I'm calling the story a complete load of crap! I have the Edit, it's awesome! The guys that did it must be close to Einstiens to do whats involved -so when they tell me it's undetectable I believe them 100%!!!!! Absolutely and unequivocally!!!

Edited_ I just read the load of crap about 1205 Herrods...1206 CAPA

Another Edit_ My dealers mechanics would'nt even know it if I left the flippin' Edit in my ECU when I put it in, let alone if I flashed her back to stock! They can't even tell me the thread size of my oil sender unit! Even if 1205 came up they would'nt give a monkeys what it meant, let alone know!!!!!!!!!

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 15:06   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticSVT
I have an SCT tune in my wifes Cobra. I can test this theory out come monday morning.
Did anymore come of this ?
PEP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 23:10   #10 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

yes, I just never updated this thread.

Test Vehicle: 2004 Cobra
Mods added at the dealership: Exhaust, CAI, Plugs changed and 2.80 pulley

At the dealership we installed the mods listed aboce. We then put in a basic SCT flash on my cobra at the dealership with the lead tech observing. I then drove the car with the lead tech for 15 minutes up and down I-45 in Dallas. We then went back to the shop where we then removed the pulley, CAI and placed all stock plugs back on. We then reprogrammed the ECU with a factory tune. We hooked up the car and checked for any codes.

Guess what we got.

Not a single error code. We did this at 3 stations to make sure that we were not missing anything. The Lead Tech watched as 3 techs tested this out. Nada. Zero Zilch. Zip.

So from my basic primative test it seems to not show a single code from the dealership. Ohh I can hear it now. You did not do it this way or that way. You did not use the right sct setup. You did not use a BA.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. I talked to the tech and we looked at everything for these SO CALLED error codes. We did not locate them in the EU, AU or US database.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU > Custom Chip Tuning