2010 Ford Fusion Starting Issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 09:02   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 2010 Ford Fusion Starting Issue

I bought a 2010 Fusion SE 4cyl. about 3 and a half weeks ago. So far over all good car. I like it alot... Except for one thing that began yesterday. After putting gas in it, it wouldn't start. So I turn it off, took the key out of the ignition, waited for a second, then tried again. It started fine.

Today (this morning) same thing, except it was a cold start this morning. Wouldn't start. Waited and tried to start it again a second time - it started fine.

What do you guys think? A bad fuel injector maybe?
LeFurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 15:54   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 2010 Ford Fusion Starting Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFurg View Post
I bought a 2010 Fusion SE 4cyl. about 3 and a half weeks ago. So far over all good car. I like it alot... Except for one thing that began yesterday. After putting gas in it, it wouldn't start. So I turn it off, took the key out of the ignition, waited for a second, then tried again. It started fine.

Today (this morning) same thing, except it was a cold start this morning. Wouldn't start. Waited and tried to start it again a second time - it started fine.

What do you guys think? A bad fuel injector maybe?
The only thing I can think of that would cause what you describe would be over-filling the tank. When filling, when the gas pump nozzle clicks off, stop filling. Do not keep topping off until you get an even dollar amount. The tank cannot vent properly and can cause this condition. Carefully remove the gas cap and see if it starts. Another thing could be one of the fuel tank vents. I'd get it to the dealer. It could end up being a TSB if enough people have this same issue.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:55   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2010 Ford Fusion Starting Issue

I buy your story but that car!
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 23:04   #4 (permalink)

Regarding this issue, there was a TSB on it. It was some sort of Capacitor Assembly. The dealer replaced it and so far, no other starting issues.

By the way, this vehicle has a "capless fuel filler" - meaning no gas cap on the this particular vehicle. A lot of Explorers have this type of fuel filler now too.

I've noticed something with the SYNC though. Maybe a software update would take care of it (idk). It asks if I would like to run a vehicle health report out of the blue. So far it's done this twice, once when I had my mp3 player plugged in and the other when I was playing a cd. Is this a precautionary measure or is the software just buggin'? Anyone know?
Old 10-13-2010, 22:20   #5 (permalink)

The Capacitor Assembly replacement seems to have done the trick. I have had no issues with this car since (knock on wood).

As for the SYNC Vehicle Health Report, it only asked those two times. So, I'm thinking I hit a wrong button somewhere.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:12   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the update.
Old 12-24-2011, 19:57   #7 (permalink)

There is a way to turn off the vehicle health report. It is in the owners manual or mabye the sync owners guide. Kevin
sleddinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ