Car hesitates when accelerating - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 15:10   #1 (permalink)

Car hesitates when accelerating

I just got this 2008 ford fusion from a dealer on Thursday and the car drove nice didn't have any problems with it but one Friday when I was driving home the check engine light started flashing I pulled over and then it stopped blinking so I just thought nothing of it and decided to keep driving then Saturday when I was back out of my garage I was going slow not fast or anything just like normal and it was almost like something was stopping the car I don't know how to describe it but It was jumpy I put it in drive went down the road everything was fine. Then it was on the way home that it started to be jumpy and hesitate when I accelerate and shake. I would have my foot on the gas and it would go then stop accelerating then go again it even did that when I had on cruise control on the highway and this time the check engine light stayed on. sorry for having a long post but I just got this car and I am worried about what is wrong with it. The car only has 31k miles on it and its the 4cylinder engine. If you have any idea what it could be or anything please let me know thank you.
dontknowsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Car hesitates when accelerating

Usually when the check engine light flashes its seeing a misfire that can cause catalytic converter damage. I would recomend getting it checked out ASAP to prevent any damage. Not much anyone can help with without codes

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Should at least have a 30 day warranty. Have them check it out.
Old 06-24-2013, 19:30   #4 (permalink)

thank you... my dad took it in today and they said it had something to do with bad coils or something like that could that be it idk im not a car expert of any kind
dontknowsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:58   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Sounds right with the bad coil diagnose .Every chance that could be the cause .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ