ford fusion(good car)? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 20:41   #1 (permalink)
KING RANCH(shit..ill fuk)

Exclamation ford fusion(good car)?

i want to stop drivein my dads king ranch soon and i want to bump up or move to a ford fusion 2008,does anyone have any goods and bads about this car,any nice pics of there car,the faqs about the ford fusion?
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 18:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: ford fusion(good car)?

It's a very good car, only negative I have is that you can't get the V6 with a manual transmission (but if you were going to get an auto that doesn't matter).
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 19:57   #3 (permalink)

I just got mine today. I'll repost in a few days after driving it around a bit and I'll take some pics for ya to view. So far I love it. I got the V6 with AWD loaded with leather and Sync. The Sync even though its from Microsoft is pretty sweet. I've been playin with it all night. I'm actually impressed they could come out with something like that and not screw it up too badly. BTW... Happy New Year
crshoveride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 22:20   #4 (permalink)

Wife just got her new '08 Fusion SE today and she just loves it,
her's didn't come equipped with the Sync system

V6 Auto, AC, Cruise, 6 Disc CD, Sirius Satellite, ABS, Leather,
Power windows and locks; got in what they call Metallic Dark
Blue Ink....really sharp looking

Rides really good, brakes aren't too touchy, blocks the outside
noises really well
Old 01-16-2008, 14:42   #5 (permalink)

Since we've had the car, I gotta say that unless your tech saavy, the Sync system may be a little hard to understand. But since my wife and I know a thing or two about electronics, it came pretty easy for us to understand. I really like the way it hooks up to my phone as soon as I get into the car. Read and replies to my text messages and everything. We got everything offered in this car except the Sirius radio. I love how quiet it is and how nice it drives/rides. Very smooth. You dont' know your doing 80 till you look at the Speedo and think "oh S#@T!" The V6 is definately the way to go. Has a lot of pickup and will move when you want it to. I've had many heads snappin on the sides of the road and lots of people commenting about it as well. Overall I'm very happy.
crshoveride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:43   #6 (permalink)
FORD FR LIFE

Garage

It's a fun car and easy to drive...the Sync system was hard at first, but after spending a couple of hours of going through it, it's easy to use.

My fusion has everything that's new for it - Sport Appearance Package, Ambient Lighting Package and it makes the car stand out. I have not had a problem with the satellite radio or any other options. It's a quiet car and drives well, I test drove the I-4 but the V6 is the way to go

Overall, my fusion will be in my garage for a long time

CURRENTLY IN THE GARAGE
'02 Dodge Ram 2500, '08 Ford Escape Hybrid, '10 Ford Fusion Hybrid
fusion/hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:56   #7 (permalink)
canuck

If you want an auto the V6 with 6 speed is the way to go. If you want a standard you'll have to go with the 2.3L I4, OR go to the Mazda dealer and get a 6s before that car gets replaced by an '09 model.
A couple links on articles and photos for the Fusion:
The Buzzard-and-Baloney Brigade - Comparison Test / Performance Files: Tested by C/D / High Performance / Hot Lists / Reviews / Car and Driver - Car And Driver

CanadianDriver: Test Drive - 2006 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder

CanadianDriver: Test Drive - 2007 Ford Fusion SEL V6 AWD

CanadianDriver: Test Drive - 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:22   #8 (permalink)

I have a 2007 with the 3.0L DOHC V6, and it is pimp status!!!

amazing car, very fast, and comfortable.
NXGmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 17:59   #9 (permalink)

I've only had my new loaded 3.0 6V '08 Fusion SEL for 900 miles but so far I love it. I like everything about it except figuring out the Nav system. I'm looking for some nicer looking exhaust tips.

ConFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 18:31   #10 (permalink)
canuck

Ah. Factory Nav systems can be a pain. Some, depending on make/model won't even let you access the screen while the vehicle is in motion! I picked up a Garmin Nuvi 360 ($480) that I interchange between my vehicles when I go on a road trip because I refuse to pay the money for an in car one. One of my uncles bought a Chrsyler 300C recently with the factory nav system ($3K with uprated stereo!), and he said it took him over two hours to learn the features on it, and about 15min to program in a destination. Not too bad I suppose. I can plug in my Garmin, plot my destination, and stick it to the window in under five minutes. The only downside is wires running around and you lose some visibility with it on the window.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ