Fusion Hybrid, Yes or No - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58   #1 (permalink)

Fusion Hybrid, Yes or No

I am looking at getting 2013 Fusion Hybrid base model, or a 2013 Fusion 4cyl either the ecoboost or regular engine. I haven't found out much about the later engines just yet.
My question is doe anyone know what the real world gas mileage is for the Fusion Hybrid and also the real world gas mileage for the 4cyl Ford Fusion.
I drive about 10-12k a year. My drive to work is only about 2 miles, and I do a lot of short running for work, all less than 8 miles away.

Jason
jcaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 07:30   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Fusion Hybrid, Yes or No

I have a 2012 2.5l and I get 35-36 on the road and 22 in town. I haven't heard anything against the Hybrid but they haven't been out for a long time. The mileage on the 4cyl is plenty good enough for me. I live where there are some mountain passes and it runs up without straining. Plenty of power in my experience.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:41   #3 (permalink)

Bert, Do you hand calculate the mileage or just read it off of the computer. I'm banking on about 1-3 mpg less than what it says on the sticker. I just want to make sure.

Thanks,
Jason
jcaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I've been doing both and the digital readout is about .1 to .2 MPG high. The window sticker says 33 on the highway but I've been getting higher. I do try to keep the RPMs below 2500 on acceleration and that helps the mileage. My daughter started keeping her RPMs low and her Suzuki MPG went up 3MPG.
Old 04-29-2012, 15:34   #5 (permalink)
canuck

No. I'd wait.

I'm currently against any of the current hybrids. To me, a true hybrid requires a small engine (.9-1.2L) just large enough to keep a steady charge in the batteries. The batteries should be the sole propulsion and thus will be able to get 60+mpg without breaking a sweat. Using larger engines that help propel the vehicle saves weight, sure, and some cost, but as it stands now, VW has everyone beat with a 0.9L I3 Golf diesel that has a setup that I mentioned. It merely runs to charge the batteries and shuts off. Expected combined mileage is 64USmpg according to the VW press. They're heating things up!

Ford Fusion is a good try, and will sell well for what it is, but I won't buy one.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ