Fusions headline SEMA Show - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2005, 04:57   #1 (permalink)

Fusions headline SEMA Show

Fusions headline SEMA Show

Autoindex.org

Ford has issued the following press release:

Excitement over Ford's bold new Fusion is going to boil over into the aftermarket realm tomorrow when six customized sedans are unveiled at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. SEMA is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world.

"Sport compacts and SUVs have been the trend in customization lately, but I think it's about time for all that to change," said Jyarland Jones, Fusion brand manager. "Just as Fusion is a game changer in the mid-size sedan segment, I think these SEMA Fusions will spark interest in a new trend."

Ernie Bunnell agrees.

Bunnell is the vice president of Sales and Marketing for 3D Carbon in Newport Beach, California, one of the six top aftermarket design and performance firms that customized Fusion for SEMA.

"We were very excited when we first saw the car because it's got some great lines on it, and it leaves itself open for some nice styling cues from companies like ours," said Bunnell.

The 3D Carbon team designed a complete Euro Series body kit for Fusion that includes a front air dam that attaches to the front Ford factory fascia, side skirts, a rear lower skirt and two different rear spoilers – one on the deck lid and one on the upper roof wing.

"Everyone who's seen the car – even the tow truck driver that moved the vehicle around for us – asked, 'What is that?'" said Bunnell. "People were surprised to learn that Fusion is a Ford because they think it looks a lot like a European car."

In addition to exterior styling, Fusion offers a great platform for modification in both powertrain and chassis for the performance market. Some of the SEMA Fusions, in addition to sporting a unique look, have engines enhanced with turbochargers or upgraded suspensions.

Jones says that Fusion and its aftermarket potential will appeal to the much-sought-after younger consumer.

"Fusion will fill a gap in Ford's line-up for that younger customer looking for a vehicle that expresses their own personality and achievements," she said adding that Fusion's $17,795 base price also makes it an attractive option for the younger buyer.

Funkmaster Flex Fusion at SEMA
A new FunkMaster Flex Fusion will be revealed at the 2005 SEMA show in Las Vegas, and this time, the hip-hop DJ and guru of urban car culture says he allowed his imagination to run wild.

"From the first time I saw the Fusion at Ford's design studios, I liked what I saw. The car looked hot," said FunkMaster Flex. "When Ford informed me that they wanted me to do a SEMA Fusion, I realized I could take my creative vision to the extreme."

Flex chose a two-tone red paint scheme with black pinstripe for the exterior of the car. Striving for a clean and classy look for the wheel rims, he selected BOZE® alloy three-piece black chrome wheels with a staggered stance with 19-inch wheels in the front and 20-inch wheels in the rear with Toyo TM performance tires.

For the interior of the Fusion, Flex chose a two-tone dash, door panels and steering wheel along with appointed Ostrich leather. A Clarion® navigation system, Icon® TV monitors in the rear headrests, JL Audio® amplifiers and speakers, and an innovative side-mirror camera system allow the driver to fully control his driving experience.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2005, 20:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fusions headline SEMA Show

That all white one is just too sweet. It would be even sweeterer with white powder coated wheels and darker tinted windows. Maybe even paint the brake calipers....red? Possibly get rid of all the chrome and replace with white trim pieces, except for the grille bars. Humina, humina, humina...
Toaderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 15:22   #3 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Fusions headline SEMA Show

Still ugly looking.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:47   #4 (permalink)

Honda eat your hearts out!

Here comes FORD!
CincyFordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 16:21   #5 (permalink)

I read in a review about the Fusion a reference to the large Ford emblem on the back as a "You're damn right it's a Ford" emblem. Seems like a new attitude.
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ