Grinding noise with cold start - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 14:02   #1 (permalink)

Grinding noise with cold start

I have been hearing a grinding noise when I cold start my Fusion. I've noticed it several times, but it doesn't happen everytime and never when the engine is warm. Engine runs fine, no warning lights.....runs great.

The day I took my car in the weather was warm and I didn't hear it. I'm wondering if it's a "cold weather" issue since it was cold every time it made the noise. I'll have to wait and see if that theory pans out.

While it was in the shop, I browsed Fusion message boards and noticed that other folks are having the same problem. Some say it's the A/C compressor while others say it's a belt, but the repair shop could not duplicate the problem and everything looks good to them.

I called Ford Motor Company and voiced my concern, so at least it's documented. I did tell him about what I read online and that I would let these other people know to contact them.

So if you are having this problem, please contact Ford. If there is a trend, they need to know about it so they can investigate it and provide a fix.

Here is the phone number that was listed on their site. Email and snail mail are available too, but I wanted to actually speak to someone.
Ford Motor Company
1-800-392-3673

Thanks for your time~
Patty
boatswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 17:36   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Grinding noise with cold start

That is the best way to get a problem investigated. I have not ran into this issue yet at work.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:38   #3 (permalink)

Re: Grinding noise with cold start

I bought a Fusion in November and I notice the grinding noise also. I was thinking I would have to use a better motor oil. I will call the number you provided and let them know of it.
marvinceace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ