Lookingb for advice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 17:41   #1 (permalink)

Lookingb for advice

Hey Guys/gals
Just purchased a used 2010 Lincoln MKZ We love the New/Used ride
The car has a high pitch noise comming from Driver Side speaker when I accelerate the pitch becomes higher. At idle sounds more like electrical buzzing sound
Driving me crazy any clue what it is

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Newguy
Newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 19:21   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Lookingb for advice

Here's a TSB describing a similar issue. Even though you bought it used, try contacting your local service dept and see what they say. Mention this TSB number.

Quote:

TSB 10-8-2

05/10/10

THX AUDIO - INTERMITTENT POPPING, SCREECHING, FEEDBACK NOISE, NO AUDIO
LINCOLN:
2009-2010 MKS, MKZ, MKX, Navigator
2010 MKT

ISSUE
Some 2009-2010 MKS built after 12/9/2008, MKZ built after 12/23/2008, Navigator built after 12/1/2008, 2009-2010 MKX and 2010 MKT vehicles equipped with the THX(R) audio system may experience an intermittent loud popping, screeching, feedback condition or no audio when driving. This may be due to the software in the Digital Signal Processing Module (DSP).

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Reprogram the THX(R) audio DSP module to the latest calibration using IDS release 66.02A or higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2010.Version A DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 13:16   #3 (permalink)

Smile Re: Lookingb for advice

Thank you Exactly what I needed Great advice I am happy I found this site
NewGuy
Old 02-05-2012, 20:08   #4 (permalink)
canuck

Hey Newguy, what happens when you're well versed in your new ride and start giving others sound advice? ...may have to change your name to Wellseasonedguy!
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:41   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post
Here's a TSB describing a similar issue. Even though you bought it used, try contacting your local service dept and see what they say. Mention this TSB number.
Again Thank you for the great advice Took the car to dealer after printing out the TSB they upgrade as well as connected some passenger speaker wires and AMP wires alledgedly that came loose The work was not covered under warranty because I purcahsed the car with 54K (warranty ended at 50K) but because I still had the 30 day warranty from the used car lot they honored the work. Which brings to mind another Question FORD extended warranty program How good is it They want around $2100.00 for 60 months or 114K miles I purchased the MKZ for my wife who drives about 10K miles a year with the cost of maintenance these days I figure its good insurance
Any opinions/ advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks agin for your help
Newguy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ