Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-06, 07:01 PM
Oil Can Harry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6?

Which car is the best deal in the V6 version? I prefer coupes or 4 doors
and G6 makes the coupe but the profile of the coupe is abit annoying to me.
The Fusion only comes in the 4 door but the body looks better. The engine
in the Ford is also more advanced supposedly. The fusion looks decent from
the back with the dual exhaust. Anybody tested both cars or have opinions?


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-06, 10:01 PM
John Horner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6?

Oil Can Harry wrote:
> Which car is the best deal in the V6 version? I prefer coupes or 4 doors
> and G6 makes the coupe but the profile of the coupe is abit annoying to me.
> The Fusion only comes in the 4 door but the body looks better. The engine
> in the Ford is also more advanced supposedly. The fusion looks decent from
> the back with the dual exhaust. Anybody tested both cars or have opinions?
>
>


I have driven the Fusion on several test drives and was really
impressed. I haven't tried a G6 to compare it with.

John
 
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-06, 10:01 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6?


"Oil Can Harry" <gizmo100@peeps.com> wrote in message
news:11rotagmobomta5@corp.supernews.com...
> Which car is the best deal in the V6 version? I prefer coupes or 4 doors
> and G6 makes the coupe but the profile of the coupe is abit annoying to

me.
> The Fusion only comes in the 4 door but the body looks better. The engine
> in the Ford is also more advanced supposedly. The fusion looks decent from
> the back with the dual exhaust. Anybody tested both cars or have

opinions?

I was just reading that the Fusion is based upon a Ford engine and a Mazda
platform. The review, as far as it went, wasn't very complimentary.


 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-06, 01:01 PM
Denis Roy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6?

Speaking from experience, never buy a new model from Ford or GM in the first
model year. I had a 95 Windstar. Nuff said.

--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft
www.ideasinwood.com
"Oil Can Harry" <gizmo100@peeps.com> wrote in message
news:11rotagmobomta5@corp.supernews.com...
> Which car is the best deal in the V6 version? I prefer coupes or 4 doors
> and G6 makes the coupe but the profile of the coupe is abit annoying to
> me.
> The Fusion only comes in the 4 door but the body looks better. The engine
> in the Ford is also more advanced supposedly. The fusion looks decent from
> the back with the dual exhaust. Anybody tested both cars or have
> opinions?
>
>



 
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-06, 04:01 PM
Oil Can Harry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? Correction!

Meant to say prefer coupes over 4 doors.

"Oil Can Harry" <gizmo100@peeps.com> wrote in message
news:11rotagmobomta5@corp.supernews.com...
> Which car is the best deal in the V6 version? I prefer coupes or 4 doors
> and G6 makes the coupe but the profile of the coupe is abit annoying to

me.
> The Fusion only comes in the 4 door but the body looks better. The engine
> in the Ford is also more advanced supposedly. The fusion looks decent from
> the back with the dual exhaust. Anybody tested both cars or have

opinions?
>
>



 
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-06, 05:01 PM
Mike Hunter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? Correction!

I haven't driven the Pontiac, but I bought may wife the Lincoln version of
the Fusion, the Zephyr, for Christmas. Great car at a great price

mike hunt


"Oil Can Harry" <gizmo100@peeps.com> wrote in message
news:11rr6dritav8j94@corp.supernews.com...
> Meant to say prefer coupes over 4 doors.
>
> "Oil Can Harry" <gizmo100@peeps.com> wrote in message
> news:11rotagmobomta5@corp.supernews.com...
>> Which car is the best deal in the V6 version? I prefer coupes or 4 doors
>> and G6 makes the coupe but the profile of the coupe is abit annoying to

> me.
>> The Fusion only comes in the 4 door but the body looks better. The
>> engine
>> in the Ford is also more advanced supposedly. The fusion looks decent
>> from
>> the back with the dual exhaust. Anybody tested both cars or have

> opinions?
>>
>>

>
>



 
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-06, 06:01 PM
Cool Jet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? Correction!

Mike Hunter wrote:
> I haven't driven the Pontiac, but I bought may wife the Lincoln version of
> the Fusion, the Zephyr, for Christmas. Great car at a great price
>
> mike hunt


Mike, the Zephyr and Lincoln names have been inexorably linked for
many, many years. I've seen a couple of Zephyrs on the street but
haven't yet tried one out. They look really nice. What are your
impressions of your wife's car?

 
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-06, 06:01 PM
Mike Hunter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? Correction!

I don't particularly like FWD, but it is a nice all-around vehicle as far
as size, handling, power, comfort and luxury for a 27K vehicle. What
surprised me is the fuel mileage. The EPA highway rating is 28 MPG. The
fuel computer shows 33 MPG on the interstates at 75 MPH. We took it on a
320 trip and averaged 31.7, based on refills, at speeds up to 80 mph,
remarkable.


mike hunt


"Cool Jet" <pkelly49@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1136507077.707200.43900@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Mike Hunter wrote:
>> I haven't driven the Pontiac, but I bought may wife the Lincoln version
>> of
>> the Fusion, the Zephyr, for Christmas. Great car at a great price
>>
>> mike hunt

>
> Mike, the Zephyr and Lincoln names have been inexorably linked for
> many, many years. I've seen a couple of Zephyrs on the street but
> haven't yet tried one out. They look really nice. What are your
> impressions of your wife's car?
>



 
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-06-06, 02:01 AM
Cool Jet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? Correction!

Mike Hunter wrote:
> I don't particularly like FWD, but it is a nice all-around vehicle as far
> as size, handling, power, comfort and luxury for a 27K vehicle. What
> surprised me is the fuel mileage. The EPA highway rating is 28 MPG. The
> fuel computer shows 33 MPG on the interstates at 75 MPH. We took it on a
> 320 trip and averaged 31.7, based on refills, at speeds up to 80 mph,
> remarkable.
>
>
> mike hunt


Thanks for the feedback Mike. Those mileage figures sound amazing for
the car's weight. As I recall, the car weighs in around 3500 pounds.
Does that 3 liter Duratec V6 move it along okay?

 
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-06-06, 10:01 AM
Mike Hunter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6? Correction!

More than adequate for my wife. I prefer to drive high powered RWD V8
vehicles, so my personal expectations are somewhat higher.

mike hunt

"Cool Jet" <pkelly49@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1136516759.144851.303840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Mike Hunter wrote:
>> I don't particularly like FWD, but it is a nice all-around vehicle as
>> far
>> as size, handling, power, comfort and luxury for a 27K vehicle. What
>> surprised me is the fuel mileage. The EPA highway rating is 28 MPG. The
>> fuel computer shows 33 MPG on the interstates at 75 MPH. We took it on a
>> 320 trip and averaged 31.7, based on refills, at speeds up to 80 mph,
>> remarkable.
>>
>>
>> mike hunt

>
> Thanks for the feedback Mike. Those mileage figures sound amazing for
> the car's weight. As I recall, the car weighs in around 3500 pounds.
> Does that 3 liter Duratec V6 move it along okay?
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome