Question about Ford Fusion TPMS sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 13:21   #1 (permalink)

Question about Ford Fusion TPMS sensor

Does the LOW TIRE PRESSURE sensor light turn on if the tire pressure is too HIGH?

I have a 2012 Fusion SE and I am a little paranoid about the Low Tire Pressure indicator light. Last month it turned on and I inspected my tires and found damage so I had to replace one. So when it turned on again when I was on the Freeway I looked at my tires and didn't find any damage so I took it to my Dealer. They didn't find any damage either and my service rep told me he set the sensor a couple of notches higher. I didn't really think about what that meant until I got home. The indicator didn't turn on until I was on the Freeway, which I don't use very much - I assume that means that the tires had heated up a bit - but that would mean that the pressure had gotten HIGHER not LOWER. But the Indicator said LOW TIRE PRESSURE. So I guess that means the sensor turns on with EITHER low or high tire pressure but the the Indicator light ALWAYS says LOW TIRE PRESSURE? And what the Service Rep told me seems to back that up but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.
rhony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 15:17   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Question about Ford Fusion TPMS sensor

" Does the LOW TIRE PRESSURE sensor light turn on if the tire pressure is too HIGH? "

Could be wrong , but think it only means what it says .If it was affected by Freeway / heat , there would be millions of cars under the same conditions with the warning light on ?
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 19:18   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

I thought uneven pressure could also set it off.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:40   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSkinner View Post
I thought uneven pressure could also set it off.
That might be it. I did have to get a new tire last month and I wonder if they bothered to equalize the tire pressure on all my tires.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:54   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
" Does the LOW TIRE PRESSURE sensor light turn on if the tire pressure is too HIGH? "

Could be wrong , but think it only means what it says .If it was affected by Freeway / heat , there would be millions of cars under the same conditions with the warning light on ?
Well having lived in NY for most of my life, the 2012 Ford Fusion I bought was the first car I had since 95 so quite frankly all these computerized warnings confuse the heck out of me. My brother-in-law is a car fanatic and has 6 cars that he fools around with all the time so I asked him about this as well and he says Low Tire Pressure means Low Tire Pressure, NOT high. He also does not know why the Dealer would set the Pressure warning higher. Anyway he is going to visit in a couple of weeks and wants me to get an Air Compressor and Gauge and he will look at it. Now I just have to figure out what the amperage of my Fusion's cigarette lighters are since there are all sorts of warnings about having the proper amperage rating or the Compressor may blow out my fuse. I don't remember owning cars to be that complicated but then the last car I had was a 93 model so I guess a lot has changed.
Old 11-18-2013, 13:35   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

The newer the car , the harder for DIY guy .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 15:36   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
The newer the car , the harder for DIY guy .
Yeah and I now have to deal with PC as well. I found the section in the Owners manual that lists each fuse and what the amperage was but there was nothing in the list about the Cigarette Lighter. In fact the there was no reference at all about the Cigarette Lighter - it took me a while to figure out that they renamed it the Power Point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ