Ford Forums banner

Salvaged Ford Fusion

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ScarredKnight 
#1 ·
Hey all! New to the forums and wanted to get some other people's opinions. I am looking at a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL with the 4i. The thing is loaded with every option. It has 7000 miles and has been used by a high schooler going back and forth to school the last 2 years. The thing is in great shape. The only thing that isn't working is the SYNC/AUX function. When you press the buttons nothing happens. Pulling the fuse for SYNC made the display start saying "no phone" and "no aux" which would make me think that the SYNC module needs to be replaced.

Now to the scary part. The car has a salvage title for flood damage. The man who is selling it said that it came from New York, right about the Sandy era, 2012. He isn't sure about the extent of the damage, but it looks like the water was up to the top of the bottom seat cushions as there is some light staining on the leather. His daughter has been driving it for almost 2 years and no problems have seemed to come up. He said that he purchased them from New York and had our local dealership work them over. I checked under the hood and everything looks brand new. There is a bit of rusting on some bolts under the hood, but nothing I wouldn't expect from normal road water. There is minimal rusting under the dash on steel body parts.

The guy is wanting $9000 for the vehicle and with the SYNC needing fixed I can probably bring him down some on it. I am assuming that the water messed up the SYNC module as it is in the center console. I can't find one success story with a flooded car, just horror story's saying stay away online.

Does anyone have a success story with a flooded car?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.