Thoughts on the 2009 MKZ AWD? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 12:45   #1 (permalink)

Thoughts on the 2009 MKZ AWD?

Dad always said, "do your research before making a big purchase." I thought I could get a pretty good opinion from a forum full of passionate car owners. I have my eyes on a 2009 MKZ AWD, 3.5L. It has about 55K on it.

First and foremost, I want a reliable car. Ultimately, I believe, regular maintenance will prevent most vehicle issues down the road, but every car has their things to look out for.

If anyone has any insight, good or bad, about their or someone else's experiences, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for all the insight in advance!
chip0010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 18:13   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Thoughts on the 2009 MKZ AWD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip0010 View Post
Dad always said, "do your research before making a big purchase." I thought I could get a pretty good opinion from a forum full of passionate car owners. I have my eyes on a 2009 MKZ AWD, 3.5L. It has about 55K on it.

First and foremost, I want a reliable car. Ultimately, I believe, regular maintenance will prevent most vehicle issues down the road, but every car has their things to look out for.

If anyone has any insight, good or bad, about their or someone else's experiences, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for all the insight in advance!
Sorry about the late reply. I work at a used car dealer. We've sold a few Zephyrs/MKZs, as well as their conterparts the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Mazda6. and they haven't come back with any huge problems. Looking on AllData there is a TSB however for an expensive engine repair. If the car was built before 12/15/2008, and the Check Engine Light comes on, with DTC's P0011, P0012, P0016, P0018, P0021, P0022 you will need either one or both Cam phasers (cam sprockets for VVT engines) replaced. Because of the labor involved (Around 10 hours for the MKZ) this is an expensive repair. You should at least get an extended warranty, wether it be Ford or an aftermarket company that covers at the very least powertrain repairs.

Otherwise, they are great driving cars, very reliable. They silver dash bezels on the Zephyr/MKZ do take some getting used to, but most of them are easy to operate. The shift lever in park does get in the way of operating the HVAC, but otherwise it is not bad.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 16:00   #3 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Thoughts on the 2009 MKZ AWD?

If you don't need the AWD, stick with the FWD. Better mileage, less parts to break/replace down the road. Otherwise I'd get a front wheel variant! They're nice.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ