Two motors and one tranny - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 13:44   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Two motors and one tranny

Ford is testing me again. Back in 93 Ford tested me with my Ranger. Big company with no care for the customer. then in 2000 they tested me with the lightning. then in 06 with a F350 diesel and now in 07 with my fusion.
Two motors, one ever 10,000 miles. A tranny to boot the last time. it was all warrentied except for the clutch it also needed. Up-sale I would have to guess.

I need to quit buying Fords. My 95 Mitsubishi Galant is still going with over 250,000 mile on the same timming belt and clutch and that drags my two place snowmobile trailer in the winter.

So this is my fair well to Ford I am done. I can't take it any longer.
rdd_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 06:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Two motors and one tranny

It's back in the shop. Looks like a axle seal let go and the cat converter is now got a rattle inside it! Miss fifth gear once in a while for some reason. I forgt to list the two front bearings have been replaced previous to the two motors. You should consider looking at Toyotas or Hondas I wish I would have!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:19   #3 (permalink)

250,000 miles on a timing belt? BS. 250K miles on a clutch? More BS. Its hard for me to believe you have all these vehicle problems with Ford, bet have no problems with a Galant, of all cars. Lets face it, they are not reliable or known for their longevity.
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:24   #4 (permalink)

I kid you not! Mitsubishi was really trying to make a comeback in 94 and 95. I bought a Mirage in 99 and it was nothing like the 95 Galant. I traded that in on a Lightning in 2000.

Ford makes some need shit! (lightning, Cobra, F350 Amarillo ) And they like to give credit to sell their stuff. But honestly you would be better in a Toyota or Honda.

You have to love how the service loves to point fingers. I took the Fusion in to a local dealer where I didn’t buy the car. They put a motor mount in and wheel bearings. Then when the motor started to rattle the shop where I bought the car pointed their fingers at the other shop.

Seems the car got hail damage while in for the axle seal. I am so sick of this car!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, not buying your story. None of it.
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 20:04   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEAnt
Sorry, not buying your story. None of it.

I'll back him up on his statement. My best friend has owned a Precis since high school and he still has the dern thing. We graduated in 95 and even though he has a new vehicle, he still has that old Mitsu on the road. Since I do all his maintenance, I know what's been in and out of that car. He has over 230K on it and it still has the same 5 speed tranny, clutch, timing chain and all. All I've ever had to do is change the plugs n wires and do his oil changes. Basic General maintenance you know... can't say all that for his new car though.
crshoveride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:00   #7 (permalink)

Just a short update. My daughter is driving the car now and she has had a small issue. The battery went bad and it took the radio out. Ford put a new battery in the car and new radio and now when she turns the key to start it it takes a second for the starter to start spinning the motor over. I guess we need another trip to service.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:25   #8 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

I love my Ford's but Toyota does rank at the top alot for reliability. Ford has been making some big gains in reliability recently though and they have put alot of changes in place to come up the ranks.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:26   #9 (permalink)

looks like you got a LEMON, possibly. your luck must be that bad, to keep giving you lemons though.. ive had about 4 ford's and none of them, have been as bad, or anywhere near close to where you've been taken..

specially the new vehicles.
NXGmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:21   #10 (permalink)

Sounds like someone is very hard on motors and transmissions.
ConFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ