Upgrade audio - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ Forum for the discussion of the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Upgrade audio

Hi, I just purchased a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and I would like to upgrade the audio system. It sounds OK but like most stock audio systems, it could be better. The issue is with the head unit. I do not want to change it because it is an integral part of the cars interface system. The question is, what can I do as far as adding (or replacing existing) amps and possibly speakers, subwoofer etc. Does it already have outboard amps, subwoofer etc.? I think the grill on the rear deck is covering a sub, but it is not too impressive. I understand there are a 3 audio system options for this vehicle and mine is the AM/FM/CD/SYNC/SATELLITE RADIO. There's also the PREMIUM and the Sony.

Does my Fusion head unit have 'pre outs' or would an outboard amp have to be connected at speaker level? (or is there some other way?)
Any advice or info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 06:03 AM
Re: Upgrade audio

I don't recall seeing any pre outs on the factory head unit. I'm not even sure if you could replace the factory head unit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fusion | Mercury Milan | Lincoln Zephyr | Lincoln MKZ
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts